All reviewsthe cottagespeconic bayprivate beachshelter islandnorth forkretro feeltwenty yearstime warpslice of heavenstepping back in timeget awaymy husband and ii can't say enough about howwe loved our staylong islandnice poolsliding door
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

What a great place ! We were looking for a place to stay one night on our way to Montauck . The price was right , the owners super friendly , clean and comfortable. Very kitschy , beautiful view . The only downside for me is the motel does not allow dogs

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Terry K, Manager at Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Thanks for staying with us and for the nice review, Susan!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

After searching for the perfect place to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary i decided to check the Silver Sands Motel in Greenport NY. It turned out to be the perfect choice. It is located on a quiet beach on the Peconic with amazing views of both the Bay and Shelter Island. The room rate was so reasonable it was crazy. The decor in the room was a little old, but the rooms/cottages were very clean and comfortable and that retro feel made you feel like you stepping back in time which was really fun. The location was close to both the Wineries and Greeport Village. The Motel owners were very gracious and accommodating. If your looking for a fun, clean hotel with reasonable rates (hard to find on the east End) than this is the diamond in the rough.

Stayed: October 2017
Terry K, Manager at Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thanks so much for coming. It was fun talking with you guys as well. We really appreciate the review!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I first came to the Silver Sands when I was 10 years old. This year I turn 40 and I come here with my parents and my family too. I still get excited whenever I stay here! I've stayed in beachfront cottages, houses and the motel rooms as well. The beach and view is amazing. The staff is so friendly and works hard to keep the rooms clean and to check on their guests. Their complimentary breakfasts are just what my kids love. There's even a pool of you don't want to swim at the beach. Greenport Village is incredibly close as well as a mini golf place.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank DeirdreC122
Terrymovies, Manager at Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thanks so much, Deirdre! Your kind words mean a lot.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We always stay here when we are on Long Island. Its in a great location on the bay with a private beach (also has a pool). Its quiet, kind of a retro feeling, comfortable and a great value. The owners are very nice. Really glad we found this place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlotte F
Terrymovies, Manager at Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thanks so much, Charlotte. Always great to have you here.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

My husband and I literally just returned from a three-night stay at Silver Sands Motel and Beach Cottages in Greenport, New York. We have been going there for a fair amount of years now and we always look forward to it. This was another outstanding visit. We don't care to go elsewhere. Once you turn onto Silverware Road, your senses will take you back in time. Silver Sands is a hidden gem. Unpretentious and peaceful which is what we like. The fact that Greenport is such a short distance away boasting numerous restaurants, boutique shopping and numerous attractions is a bonus.

Forget whatever is happening in the real world and just enjoy! We happened to be lucky enough where the weather was absolutely perfect during our stay but even if it was less than desirable, we wouldn't have cared. We prefer to stay in the Motel rooms which have two queen size "comfortable" beds, a small fridge and microwave. Continental breakfast is ready and waiting upon your arrival for the next morning. The rooms are extremely clean which is important to us. The private beach, literally is steps away. There is nothing like it. Just sitting on the beach looking across to Shelter Island is so relaxing. I can't say enough about how much we love it. We don't need a fancy, over-priced place to stay. This place is good for your soul. We can't wait to go back in the fall! Did you know they are open year-round? The owners are the "best". They will do anything they can to make your stay a pleasant one.

Unwind, get away! I hope you will have a chance to experience Silver Sands!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Volvogirl17

Thanks! We really appreciate it.