All reviewsthe cottagespeconic bayprivate beachshelter islandnorth forkretro feeltwenty yearstime warpslice of heavenstepping back in timeget awaymy husband and ii can't say enough about howwe loved our staylong islandnice poolsliding door
Reviewed 31 October 2011

A few years ago, we happened on this neat motel on the shores of Peconic Bay on what has becoime an annual trip to Greenport in late October. It's very clean and the owner is one of the nicest people! It's not "modern" in the current sense and is reminiscent of the 1950's, but the rooms are comfortable and we are always made to feel most welcome. We look forward to going back this time next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dan Y
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I was so happy that I checked this site before booking a room for my stay this weekend. Stayed just one night with a friend and we were so pleased with this place!

Rooms were certainly no frills, but so much nicer than your typical motel. I've stayed at Cliffside Resort and Morning Glory in the past which were both great, but was looking for a less pricey option this time and for one which allowed a one night weekend stay- a rare find on the North Fork.

Super friendly staff. Nice perks included complimentary apples and candy at the desk, as well as a big bucket full of chips and other snacks handed to each guest on arrival. There were cereal, muffins and bananas in the room for breakfast, and a nice big minifridge in the room. Again nothing fancy but just NICE.

Very nice little beach area steps from our room with some picnic tables.

Room had linoleum floors which was kinda nice for the allergy prone actually. Super super comfy beds. I don't usually notice this but it was particulalrly comfy and my pickier travel companion (think princess and the pea) agreed. Our room had 2 full (maybe queen?) beds. Down comforters on each bed.

Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank Lacascada
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My husband grew up in Greenport and loves to return. We stayed at Silver Sands the first time we came as a couple and found the owners warm and accommodating. We stayed in a cottage with two bedrooms, kitchen, living room and screened in porch. They have barbeques for the guests to use and many picnic tables. Breakfast is provided on a tray in your cottage or room each day, and guests receive a bucket of snacks and free ticket to the movies. I asked their advise on a hairdresser and got a great haircut! The beach is lovely and private and the view of the sound is gorgeous. I can't believe anyone would think that this place is inhospitable. My husband and I have visited five times. The last time we stayed in a really spacious house with three bedrooms, large living room, kitchen and big bath for the same price as our usual cottage. The cottages are sort of a blast from the past in the way they are decorated, but very comfortable and clean. A very homey place!

Room Tip: I lke the cottages rather than the motel rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Oscarmartinguitar
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My husband and i stumbled upon this motel while touring the wine country on the North Fork in March of 1996 as they were the only place opened. From there, our entire family; grandmother, parents, sister/brothers, nephews and in-laws, have been going there every year since. It has become our summer getaway for the past 15 years and we wouldn't think to go anywhere else.

The Staff at the Silver Sands are the most accommodating staffers we've seen. Always respectful of our privacy, ensuring we're comfortable and our room has all the items needed.

We've seen Doo-Wopp shows there, bird shows, fireworks during 4th of July, etc. There's plenty to do on the East End but don't pass up the opportunity to stay at the Silver Sands! Our treasured vacation holiday experience :)

Room Tip: The rooms closest to the beach may cost more, but worth it for the close proximity to the water.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank longislandgirl1999
Reviewed 29 July 2011

We spent the weekend here and it was just what we were looking for. Someplace simple and relaxing that we could have access to the nearby village by bicycle and wineries by car. We also enjoyed just relaxing on the small bay beachfront or in the pool that was part of this charming motel. Nothing fancy, but clean and affordable, especially as we were lucky enough to book a room somewhat last minute, which is not an easy feat during summer weekends on this part of Long Island.
Innkeeper was more than pleasant and accomodating. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: Call and speak direclty to the manager or innkeeper and keep your options open. They have rooms and cottages, which looked quite similar.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple