This will be our 9th season going; there have been at least 35 each year. We take up many rooms and cabins and have a wonderful time spending time together at the boat house, visiting in town, going to a movie as well as heading to either Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun by boat out of Orient Point.
We are going again in June 2012 - 37 of us at last count.
Jean & her son Terry are both warm and friendly and cannot do enough to make our 4 days memorable.
Yes, the place is retro but very clean. Besides breakfast each day in your room, snack pack on arrival and a bottle of wine, the grounds are great. Sit in the sun or under the trees, both on the bay or take a dip in the pool or bayl.
The Price Is Right which in this economy is a definite plus but consider Silver Sands when heading to the North Fork. We love it and hope you will too.
Fran, DSC (divorced, single or separated, widowed)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "DIRTY DANCING meets THE FLAMINGO KID" - NEW YORK MAGAZINE, April 2007The Silver Sands Motel and Beach Cottages was established in 1961 on 40 unspoiled acres on Peconic Bay in Greenport, facing Shelter Island. We are a quiet getaway for beach and nature lovers, and their families, and have been for generations. Our rooms and cottages all have microwaves, mini-fridges, television, AC, and some have efficiency units as well as full kitchens. We are set off the beaten-path in Greenport, down a wooded road on the beach and are adjacent to 18 acres of pristine wetlands. Over the last half-century, we have been host to families, couples, studio film shoots, major fashion shoots, and have been featured in the NEW YORK TIMES, NEW YORK MAGAZINE, THE NEW YORKER, TIME-OUT, TRAVEL & LEISURE, and NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVEL MAGAZINE. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Hotel Greenport
- Silver Sands Motel And Beach Cottages
- Silver Sands Hotel Beach
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Greenport, NY - Long Island