A few years ago, we happened on this neat motel on the shores of Peconic Bay on what has becoime an annual trip to Greenport in late October. It's very clean and the owner is one of the nicest people! It's not "modern" in the current sense and is reminiscent of the 1950's, but the rooms are comfortable and we are always made to feel most welcome. We look forward to going back this time next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "DIRTY DANCING meets THE FLAMINGO KID" - NEW YORK MAGAZINE, April 2007The Silver Sands Motel and Beach Cottages was established in 1961 on 40 unspoiled acres on Peconic Bay in Greenport, facing Shelter Island. We are a quiet getaway for beach and nature lovers, and their families, and have been for generations. Our rooms and cottages all have microwaves, mini-fridges, television, AC, and some have efficiency units as well as full kitchens. We are set off the beaten-path in Greenport, down a wooded road on the beach and are adjacent to 18 acres of pristine wetlands. Over the last half-century, we have been host to families, couples, studio film shoots, major fashion shoots, and have been featured in the NEW YORK TIMES, NEW YORK MAGAZINE, THE NEW YORKER, TIME-OUT, TRAVEL & LEISURE, and NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVEL MAGAZINE. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Hotel Greenport
- Silver Sands Motel And Beach Cottages
- Silver Sands Hotel Beach
- Silver Sands Motel & Beach Cottages Greenport, NY - Long Island