Eastern Long Island Kampground
Cliffside Resort Condominiums(Greenport)(Great Value!)
US$ 295
  • Restaurant
US$ 478
US$ 463
US$ 434
Shelter Island House(Shelter Island)(Great Value!)
US$ 776
Official Site
Fordham House(Greenport)
Harbor Knoll(Greenport)
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed Lynda and Bobby !
They both were so nice and very helpful , I give this review a 1 star because the lady at the front desk by the name of Cappy really needs to work on her customer service skills , and her tone of voice ! She really needs to be put on a task that does not involve the public . Not only was she nasty and took a bad tone with my husband she did the same to my brother and then raised her voice at my Aunt in the office all because we accidentally did not check in before visiting and did not see the sign ! All together she could of delivered her point across a better way. The second my husband walked in the office he greeted her with a smile and said hello and she just started barking like an animal ! Looks like we will not be back and will give our money to a better company ! Stick Cappy somewhere in the guest parking lot cleaning up instead of the front desk! I hope someone recognizes Bobby and Lynda they are good people !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank carolac371
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Not what we expected for a claimed family camping place. Called and booked a grassy site and gave my credit information. Received a call back less than two hours later claiming that the grassy site was booked but we could have a wooded camp site. I agreed.

Check in was quick and easy.

Campsite was small. We were lucky we didn't have neighbors. It was shaded mostly - cool and comfortable. After seeing the grassy sites I was happy we had a wooded one because the grassy sites were worse than the wooded as they were so small.

Bathrooms were very clean but toilets didn't work well. Only two showers !!

The pool was small and slightly green.

The store was well stocked and not pricy.

We were supposed to stay 3 nights but only stayed 1 because on the first night the noise level was not controlled at all. Although there was a sign posted for quiet time at 10pm we unfortunately had to listen to obnoxious neighbors to 2am. Where was the staff? Why didn't the staff say something to them? This was advertised as a family camping place not a college campus hangout. So disappointed.

We wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank reiki4life
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Just spent the weekend there for my son's birthday. Really nice place. People extremely nice. We had an overall great time.

Only complaint. (Sorry. There is one). My son has a service animal and the guy watching the pool area wouldn't allow the animal in the area. So I needed to "patrol" the fence surrounding the pool to keep him close to my son. The dog senses attacked in advance which is needed. So pretty bad and ignorant of him to argue with me keeping the dog close. And also illegal.

Again. We had a great time aside from that. So I can't give this place a bad rating. Just hope they educate their staff.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Called into to try and make an RV reservation and the person who we tried to book with was very rude. We answered the phone and the lady on the other line says "What do you want?" When we inquired about our date she answers very shortly "We're Booked!"
I guess courtesy is not part of there policy. Would never try to book there again.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
10  Thank ericcurley1
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

There are 2 areas. Trailers and tents. The front is mostly seasonal campers (April - November is the season) where the large trailers are located. These guys build decks, have grills, etc. They make it their summer home. You get a bit of everything here. Families and the guys who fill up the trash bag each night with PBR sitting around in their beaters. But mostly it's nice families of the travel trailer crowd. Then further back are the short term camper trailers. The trailer area is a wide open grassy area with few trees. There were some tents in here backing up to the woods but most of the tents go into the wooded area. The tent area is a loop in the woods. Very shaded. The tent area offers small, closely spaced sites with little privacy but plenty of shade in the tall trees. You really can't get more than 1 tent per site. There is a picnic table and fire pit. The speed limit is 5mph (strictly enforced) because, in the summer, this campground is uber family friendly and there are tons of little kids riding their bikes. There is also a pool but it's full of the little ones. There is adult swim for an hour at night right before the pool closes. The price for tent camping is $50 a night and $5 for any guests. There are 2 men in golf carts that are riding around all day. The greatest part of this campground is the people. Unlike other Long Island campgrounds in the summer, you don't get huge families blasting salsa or rap music, hanging their laundry on the line between trees and inviting all 30 of their friends over for the day. If you want to camp on the East End, I recommend it.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple