During my recent visit to Greenport NY in April 2012, I stayed at the Cliffside Resort for 2 weeks. Cliffside was recommended to me by my cousin who stayed there last August with her husband, 2 young children and her parents and the 2 bedroom condo unit was spacious enough for the six of them. Although my needs were quite different from hers, I found that the resort was perfect for my needs as well. I work from home, even on "vacation" so the wifi was essential and not all that common in Greenport. Cell service is also decent which I don't find to be the case everywhere in Greenport. Also, they have pet-friendly units that allow for multiple dogs without an additional pet fee which is great because I travel with my 3 small dogs. The units are clean, spacious (2 bedroom, 2 bath) with kitchenettes that have refrigerator, wine refrigerator, dish washer, stove and microwave. They have 2 plasma tvs (in the living room and master bedroom). Each building (5 buildings in all) have laundry rooms with washers and dryers. The units (mine was bldg C, unit 201) had private balconies with ocean views. The grounds are great with plenty of green and the resort has a beautiful private beach. Since it was off season I brought my dogs down to the beach every morning and they had a blast! There is also a clubhouse, plenty of seating on the grounds, BBQ stations and a heated pool but I didn't go swimming because it's too cold in April. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating. Visited through Easter and entertained family and friends. Even though all necessities were provided (dish and glassware, utensils, pots and pans) linens, towels and such, I needed some random things and they provided them. Also, I had a situation where I found a tick on my dog (this is very common in rural areas in NY because of the deer population) and even though I didn't know where she got it I notified the staff and they sprayed the grounds promptly (and advised me that they spray the grounds regularly). The resort is a short drive to the quaint town of Greenport, the local vineyards and the ferry to shelter island. Public transportation such as the jitney and the LIRR are also very close. I had an amazing time and was sad to leave but plan to stay at Cliffside when I return to Greenport this summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private resort beach, sweeping lawns and heated pool in a relaxed 7+ acre setting. Privately owned condominiums overlooking Long Island Sound, with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and Living Room convertible couch, sleeps 6. Each unit offers private terrace and self catering kitchenette, including refrigerator, wine cooler, microwave, dishwasher, stove top. LCD TVs, unlimited Wifi, and easy access from public transportation. Close to area attractions. Village of Greenport, golfing, boating, bikes, hikes, fine dining and wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Cliffside Resort Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliffside Resort Condominiums Hotel Greenport
- Cliffside Resort Condominiums Greenport, NY - Long Island