“The best waterfront resort with pet-friendly units, wifi and wonderful service in Greenport!”

Cliffside Resort Condominiums
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Greenport
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

During my recent visit to Greenport NY in April 2012, I stayed at the Cliffside Resort for 2 weeks. Cliffside was recommended to me by my cousin who stayed there last August with her husband, 2 young children and her parents and the 2 bedroom condo unit was spacious enough for the six of them. Although my needs were quite different from hers, I found that the resort was perfect for my needs as well. I work from home, even on "vacation" so the wifi was essential and not all that common in Greenport. Cell service is also decent which I don't find to be the case everywhere in Greenport. Also, they have pet-friendly units that allow for multiple dogs without an additional pet fee which is great because I travel with my 3 small dogs. The units are clean, spacious (2 bedroom, 2 bath) with kitchenettes that have refrigerator, wine refrigerator, dish washer, stove and microwave. They have 2 plasma tvs (in the living room and master bedroom). Each building (5 buildings in all) have laundry rooms with washers and dryers. The units (mine was bldg C, unit 201) had private balconies with ocean views. The grounds are great with plenty of green and the resort has a beautiful private beach. Since it was off season I brought my dogs down to the beach every morning and they had a blast! There is also a clubhouse, plenty of seating on the grounds, BBQ stations and a heated pool but I didn't go swimming because it's too cold in April. The staff is wonderful and very accommodating. Visited through Easter and entertained family and friends. Even though all necessities were provided (dish and glassware, utensils, pots and pans) linens, towels and such, I needed some random things and they provided them. Also, I had a situation where I found a tick on my dog (this is very common in rural areas in NY because of the deer population) and even though I didn't know where she got it I notified the staff and they sprayed the grounds promptly (and advised me that they spray the grounds regularly). The resort is a short drive to the quaint town of Greenport, the local vineyards and the ferry to shelter island. Public transportation such as the jitney and the LIRR are also very close. I had an amazing time and was sad to leave but plan to stay at Cliffside when I return to Greenport this summer!

• Stayed April 2012
5 Thank Kvv220
OBM_Inc, Public Relations Manager at Cliffside Resort Condominiums, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay and are delighted to hear you enjoyed everything. We’re glad you were able to experience the beautiful grounds of the property, the beach, and the fantastic views. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again later this season.

Sincerely, Management
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I spent an April weekend with my girlfriends at the Cliffside Resorts. We had a terrific experience. Fortunately we were blessed with great weather as well. The temps were in the mid to high 60s with lots of sunshine. Our room had a view of the water and was in great shape. The suite really had everything we needed. It was spotless on arrival and staff was helpful with all of our questions. We grilled the second night and ate on the balcony- definitely recommend doing that. This is a very large complex and is absolutely gorgeous. The property had a private beach, but we didn’t spend much time down there. The property looks very well maintained and certainly recommend to others. It's just a few minutes to the village.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anna S
OBM_Inc, Public Relations Manager at Cliffside Resort Condominiums, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your positive experience! We’re glad to hear the weather cooperated for you. As you noted, the condominium balconies are a perfect place to enjoy a fresh grilled dinner. Our front desk staff prides itself on offering a wealth of local area knowledge. We hope to have you return again soon.

Management
NYC
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Room B205 -- that's the ticket here! Immaculately kept two bedroom suite that faces the Long Island Sound. Very well maintained grounds. Sunsets to die for and a stone's throw to the most tranquil beach on the north shore. Peace and quiet but central to towns of Greenport and Southold. Something for everyone - couples and families!!! We love it and spent three days with our 12 year old son!

Room Tip: B205 is the best room we've seen! Away from road, gorgeous views and steps to the beach.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lstegmann
OBM_Inc, Public Relations Manager at Cliffside Resort Condominiums, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As you’ve noted, the property has terrific sunset views and we’re glad the weather cooperated for you. The travel time to points west and points east make the resort an ideal location. We hope to have you again in the near future.

Management
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 January 2012

if we had paid full price I would not have been very pleased but we were able to negotiate a really good discount for 2 nites over the new years weekend. The place was decent--nothing special and nothing horrible. The best thing was the beach that we could walk down to and to do that on new years day was outstanding!! i even collected some sea glass... but i digress. Ok the location is on the main road, which was fine..centrally located and only about 6 minutes into the Greenport shopping area.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view and a corner room
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Ocean view apparently means the window of the living room because the bedrooms are right over the loud whizzing traffic of the busy road which kept me up all night, in addition to the freezing cold (no heat control) and light spilling in the cheap slatted blinds. I specifically asked for ocean side based on the tips and when told ocean 'view' was the room I didn't consider the traffic noise or location of the bedroom windows. I had no resorty expectations so was expecting a cheap decor based on these reviews and it lived up to my expectations. Wish I had predicted the worst night's sleep I've ever had in a hotel. I never would have booked it.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Woodywoodson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenport
0.8 km away
13.5 km away
Baron's Cove
Baron's Cove
#1 of 5 in Sag Harbor

Been to Cliffside Resort Condominiums? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK