“Wish I could there live permanently”
other travellers have booked this property
Side View of Cabin Front Porch View 1
Kitchen Dining Area View 2
Bathroom
Sleeping Loft View 1
Sleeping Loft View 2
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
LynnBatt
Gasport, New York
“Wish I could there live permanently”
Reviewed 26 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

The minute I laid eyes on the cabin and that mirrored pond, I knew I had found the perfect getaway for my first ever solo weekend. I planned on hiking the woods and getting some beading projects done. It was very hot and humid that weekend, and knowing I would return someday, I scrapped the hiking idea and was more than happy to sit on the porch and read and do a little beading. The view is mesmerizing. The pond is home to some lively bass and more tadpoles than I've ever seen! The sound of fish jumping and watching the rings they made across the surface of the pond always brought a smile to my face. I loved Bette's decorating style and the cabin was so comfy with everything I needed. I only brought food. The refrigerator is from another era and is a hoot, but no place for ice and the freezer was pretty much useless as it needed a serious defrosting. But didn't bother me. The bed was super comfy, though the air conditioning doesn't make it up to the loft, so I spent my second night on the couch and that was comfy too. I was concerned about the water, thinking it would be smelly well water, but it was clear and tasty! If you are a larger person, you might not be too happy having to make your way up the spiral stairs to the loft - the clearance at the top is minimal, but again, I just found it all charming; quirks and all!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The feeling of solitude, but also feeling safe, knowing Bette was right down the hill
Liked least: The satelite dish next to the pond :(
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
NY
Reviewed 16 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
niagara on the lake
Reviewed 9 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing