“Good Chinese food fast”

TAI Pei Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Grand Island
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 30 August 2017

We had stopped on a Tuesday evening because we had wanted Chinese food. The restaurant was empty, but we were seated quickly.

We ordered a pot of tea and a Sweet and Sour Chicken Combo as well as a General Tso Combo.

The food came out very quick, easily within 7-10 minutes of ordering.

The egg rolls were fantastic right out of the fryer, hot and crunchy. We also enjoyed the Sweet and Sour Pork and the General Tsos. Both dishes were cooked well and had a little bit of crunch. The fried rice was not as heavy as typical take-out, very light and fluffy.

While we ate, there was a constant stream of people coming in and out for takeout, so I believe this is a popular spot for locals.

Would visit again.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I absolutely LOVE their Orange Chicken meal that comes with rice! The portion is very large (more than I can usually eat) and tastes great! The Szechuan beef tasted amazing as well, but there is hardly any beef, and mainly just veggies in the meal when we got it which was disappointing. Always had great service, and when we called for take out had our meals done in around 15 minutes .

Reviewed 27 May 2017

My son and I were visiting Niagara Falls and found a reasonable place to spend the night up the road from here. We both enjoy Chinese food so we wanted to check this place out.
I am from Ca. Most restaurants there welcome their customers with open arms and no matter what time you walk in, you are a paying customer, you get what you want. I don't too often get places that tell me "we close in a half hour, if you can be done by 9 PM..." Ok, so we got our order to go. Before we arrived my son thought they had a buffet and said, "If I can eat fried rice and orange chicken I will be happy" So, that is what we got. I was worried it would not be enough food, so I added a large egg drop soup. lol Oops. It was more than enough food! We could have fed 4 people on the amount of food we had! I didn't get a spoon for the soup (that didn't stop me from eating all of it myself, some for breakfast) We asked for the orange chicken, not spicy for my son. It was super tender and tasted great! I probably would have enjoyed it more the way they usually make it, but my son loved it and finished it all off that night. It came with a container of white rice that we didn't need or get a chance to eat because after our one night stay, I didn't have refrigeration to keep it. I am hoping a homeless person found and enjoyed it?
The one thing that missed the mark for us was the friend rice. It wasn't really fried. not brown. Kinda orange? tasted alright just not what we were expecting from it. |
Overall, a good amount of food and the price was not too bad (about $24 total) If I lived in the area, I could see coming here again.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Simply put. ..very good food and reasonable prices . No bells and whistles in the restaurant but I usually take out so I can't say it matters to me.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

This is my go to chinese restuarant when I do not know what I will be having for dinner and get a craving for asian food. Always good and ready when I get there.