Chateau St Cloud(La Digue Island)
US$ 224
  • Restaurant
Hotel L'Ocean(La Digue Island)
US$ 251
US$ 160
  • Restaurant
Casa De Leela(La Digue Island)
US$ 148
US$ 138
Agoda.com
US$ 143
US$ 120
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Le Relax Beach House(La Digue Island)
US$ 357
US$ 344
  • Restaurant
Patatran Village Hotel(La Digue Island)
US$ 319
US$ 200
US$ 171
  • Restaurant
La Digue Island Lodge(La Digue Island)
US$ 461
US$ 319
HotelQuickly
US$ 125
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsanse source d'argentla digueour honeymoonrent a bikeflowersguesthousegardenjettyislandaccommodationbeachesbicyclesflycatcherbirdsparadise
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We recently stayed for 2 nights with a group of friends, and wow what a find. The accommodation was excellent the rooms were huge and very well appointed and the bathrooms were as good as any 5 star hotel, although note only soap is provided, so take your own toiletries.The wellcome we had has lovely and nothing was too much trouble. We ate there the first night which was a delight and I fell in love with lemon grass tea. The quality of the service and everything from the beaitiful china to the decorated beds and the superb gardens made our short stay a delight. You do need a tourch or lights for your bike if out at night. For the price we paid we found this to be an excellent guest house.

Room Tip: Take your own tea/coffee as a kettle is provided, also a torch. the rooms were all very similar.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Obsessiveplanner9
Reviewed 23 January 2013

From the moment I contacted Apever and his family to stay in this complex I was really impressed. I tried to imagine what it was like and what the family who own it are like.

I was very pleased to find an amazing place in a perfect location.

The grounds are very very well maintained and are very aesthetic. There are a series of 10 bungalow type rooms and I guess they are all the same inside. Very new and modern with a ceiling fan, Air Con and now a mosquito net (thanks to my request) By the way, I asked what I can do about the flies and they went out and bought 10 nets the next day. The rooms are cleaned every day. The bed is huge and very good quality and comfortable.

Apever and the family are very helpful. They will help with anything if they can, nothing is too much trouble. They are very genuine and they are people who really want you to have a great stay on their island.

They will sort out bikes and get them fixed ASAP if anything goes wrong.

Upon arrival we were given a fruit type cocktail and shown to our fab room. YOu also have a top quality shower with good towels. They ask you for food preferences and the breakfast is perfect. I will leave it to you to find out what it is.

On the subject of food. I doubt very much that you will find such good food anywhere in the Seychelles never-mind on La Digue. Its at a reasonable price and you get almost 3 meals in one. You will see :)

You are a 5 min bike ride from source de argent beach and 15 mins away from Grand Ance/ ance coco/ance petite. Fantastic beaches!!

I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a no fuss relaxing holiday in a 5 star accommodation! You wont regret this choice. 5*

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adam1111_11
Reviewed 6 December 2012

My husband and I had been traveling on a 2 month-long honeymoon and we have stayed in some pretty high-end places, including in the Maldives, and some not so fancy places in India. We ran the gamut. Etoile Labrine was our favorite place, hands down. I even told the owners that directly.

This is my second time to LaDigue. I was there 13 years ago when the island was much quieter with fewer affordable options. Today, there are a lot more guesthouses, but all look pretty much the same - basic. Etoile Labrine is new - and something special. I could tell the moment we arrived that it was going to be different. The front yard was beautifully landscaped with bright, sunny tropical flowers. The common garden area alone looked neat, pretty, large and inviting. Each little bungalow had it's own garden space. It was like a tiny little neighborhood within a neighborhood. Very quaint. The best part of it, and the reason why I chose Etoile Labrine in the first case is the location. Their proximity to everything is awesome. On this island, everyone gets around by bicycle. It is a short 5-10 minute ride to everything, including the famous beach, Anse Source D'Argent. In fact it is the closest guest house to that beach (which is now housed in a "National Park" for preservation). Because of Etoile's central location, it is also close to Grand Anse, a spectacular beach (and our new fave) in the south east part of the island. A 7-minute bike ride takes you to La Passe and the Jetty where most of the shops are. 5 minutes beyond that, you will be in the north/east side of the island, heading east to Anse Banane. The island is small, but everything was especially convenient to get to from their place.

Our room was huge, new, spotless, and decorated all over with flowers; we got new bed decor every day. It was a nice, fun touch. We had air-conditioning, a ceiling fan, bed-lights, an armoire, a make-up table/desk, plus a refrigerator and coffee table area. The only thing they did not have is a TV (but we didn't miss it), and internet is extra (as is the case with every guesthouse on LaDigue). The bathroom was enormous, with a neutral colored tiling and modern fixtures, and the shower is more than big enough for 2! The only things they did not provide in the bathrooms were shampoo/conditioner, but we brought our own anyway, and there is no hair dryer (but I did not need one). We had 2 garden chairs and a small end table on our patio for lounging in, and another table & 4 chairs on our lawn for dining or hanging out with friends outside. They provided beach towels, 2 drying racks and laundry service as well, either by hand or machine.

The place is run like a well-oiled machine by Apever, his parents, Johanne and Andrea, and their caring staff. Anything you need is taken care of within minutes, literally. We asked for bikes, peeked outside our door 10 minutes later, and there they were, sitting on our lawn. Such service!!

They are all exceptional cooks as as well, and they even inquire about dietary allergies and restrictions and take them into account. My husband, a dairy-intolerant chef, devoured everything every night, which is always a good indication of food quality, as he is extremely picky. Everything they make is freshly prepared daily, with herbs from the garden. The food is more than plentiful and wonderful there. We ate at other restaurants around the island that were okay (albeit pricey), but for a nice authentic home-cooked meal prepared with love, we highly recommend the half-board package.

We had not felt more welcome or comfortable in any other place on our travels, including the overpriced Maldives, where service is at a premium. These people are warm, genuine, caring, and devoted to making sure you have a wonderful, relaxing vacation. The next time we go back, for sure we will be staying there, because it would be like going home.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same, but we had the best room - Room #6, as it was the closest to the dining area!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SUSAN L
Reviewed 10 November 2012

After reading all of the fantastic reviews I will admit that we may have gone it with too high of expectations. We stayed at several guesthouses throughout the Seychelles, and while we loved La Digue, I am sorry to say we didn't feel that way about Etoile Labrine. We found that it wasn't quite as relaxed an atmosphere as we were hoping for. The common area that each bungalow faces is very busy with bicycles strewn everywhere and shower spigots in front of most doors. And while we typically weren't around for most of the day, we had grown accustomed to reading outside our other guesthouses at sunset. Here, it wasn't as enjoyable because we were facing in to everyone else staying at the guesthouse instead of the beautiful island of La Digue. We were also greeted by an air conditioner that spat something out when we turned it on. They cleaned it up for us right away, but it wasn't a particularly great start to our stay.

We did go to dinner one of the nights were there and it was good, but we also found some pretty great eats in La Passe and we really enjoyed walking along the streets at night. It's not very often in todays world where we can go for a walk by moonlight without any other lights from buildings around.

All in all, there isn't anything particular wrong with Etoile Labrine. It's very reasonably priced for La Digue and it's definitely a good value, but I think the owner summed it up best to us. She said that her place is very "simple" and people shouldn't expect more than that because that's how she advertises it. We are in complete agreement with her statement, so if your looking for good value, this is a great stay. If your looking for a hidden gem, keep looking.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rider1129
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We have spent 3 nights in this cozy and special place during our vacation in Seychelles.
The location is very good and close to anse Source d'Argent. This a small guest house, with 8 rooms, viewing to a very nice garden.
The rooms are in the right size for a couple, aircon is good, nice balcony.
The owner Johanne and her son Apever are wonderful people! very special. Assisting in all needs and much more.
Breakfast is good and served to the table.
Special tip: take the dinner offered by the guest house! it is very good, with very nice atmosphere. in one of the days they had also 2 music players and singers with made a special event, which also included dancing in the rain...:).
The only con i can think of is the breakfast - a big contrast from the dinners. there is a different personnel during breakfast and it seems rather slow in service and also not varied enough.

I WARMLY recommend this place for honeymooners and all other travelers as well.

Room Tip: Take the offered dinners!! they are so good and also La Digue at night is very dark and we didn't feel comfortable to ride during nights. Ask Apever to order your bicycles for you. you will only need to leave them in the assigned place outside of your room when you leave.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple