2,143 results
All reviews lake view pier house hotel restaurant lakeside room walking path indoor pool finger lakes wine country new york wedding lakeview conference wineries sunrise refrigerator brunch college
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

I absolutely adored Alberto in the restaurant and bar. My friend and I felt like we gained another friend by the time we left. He gave us bar and restaurant recommendations and kept us entertaining at the bar while we waited for our room.
The reason I gave three stars was the rest of the experience that didn’t involve him. When we first arrived around 2:30pm we were told our room would be ready in 30 minutes. This was totally fine because check in is at 4pm, so we went to the restaurant where we first met Alberto. I wasn’t irritated until we came back to the front desk at 4:20pm and the room still wasn’t clean yet. Why in the world did they originally tell us 30 minutes. Either way, check in is 4pm.
Got to the room about 4:50pm finally. Whoever was there last didn’t bother to flush the toilet.
The elevators could have used a good vacuum too. I guess since I travel so much for work I got used to Hiltons and I don’t typically experience this level of cleanliness and lack of communication beteren staff about when rooms will be clean and ready. I guess I am now a hotel snob.
Good news is that I did complain about the late check in and we got free breakfast He next day 16.00 value, so that at least was helpful.
All in all, I would stay there again, mainly due to Alberto being so helpful and location is perfect.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Geneva Lakefront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed exceptional service at The Pier House! I look forward to sharing your feedback with the Team there. I was sorry to hear of the issues you encountered upon check-in and can assure you that your comments have been shared with our Team to ensure future guests do not encounter these same concerns. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and the opportunity to replace this experience with a superior one.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

Location beautiful , outside of hotel looks like work is in progress but inside is very dated and dirty. This hotel is very understaffed. We were there for a family wedding and a lot of the guest could not get into their rooms even after 5:00 p.m.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank mrb092018

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for your kind comments on our beautiful location. We apologize for the delay you encountered at check-in and are mindful to take your feedback to make improvements for future guests. I am pleased to share that we have a number of updates and improvements scheduled over the coming weeks that we feel will ensure your next stay exceeds your expectations. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon so we may share these improvements with you!

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Overall this is a good hotel with a great lake view and hotel amenities. Have to say my review is tweaked by my crummy check in experience on October 8, 2018. I picked this hotel for the lake view, but upon check in was given a non lake view. I understand if this was last minute in the middle of tourist season I would understand. But I made this reservation 2+ months ahead and requested lake view room. Anyway upon request was given a lakeside view and enjoyed it very much. Nice bar and adequate restaurant. Do recommend as location is great.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Sarah H, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Geneva Lakefront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Thank you for trusting us for your hotel needs and thank you for providing us with feedback on your experience. We appreciate your recommendation to fellow travelers and are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay once settled into your Lake Side guest room. I do apologize for the disappointment you encountered with your initial room assignment. Thank you for reaching out to us during your stay so that a suitable room could be found for you. We look forward to being of service in the future and trust your next stay will be even more pleasant than the last.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

A friend and I stayed at the Lakefront Ramada Inn for two nights. The room was very clean and comfortable. Check in and check out was easy with friendly receptionists. We did not eat there so can not commend on the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

It was a pleasure having you as our guests and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed friendly service during your stay and found our hotel to be notably clean and comfortable. Thank you for being our guests and thanks for taking the time to review your stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 October 2018

My husband and I always pick this hotel to stay at when we want to have a small get away. We always have the best time and we stay in the same suite. Everything about the hotel is wonderful from the room service to the amazing views of the lake. The in room jacuzzi tub is very comfortable and relaxing. The bed and pillows are so comfortable I wish I could take them home with me. My only complaint is the tv size. For almost $300 a night the tv should be bigger at least in the suites. The room is very large and the tv is far from the bed making it a struggle to see. We usually eat dinner in the restaurant and call room service later for dessert and a bottle of wine. Room service is fast and the staff is always friendly.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It is always a pleasure having you and your husband as our guests whenever you crave a little getaway! Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and thanks for your comments on our comfortable accommodations, spacious rooms and friendly staff. We apologize for the disappointment you encountered with the television in your suite and are mindful of your feedback for future improvement. We look forward to your next stay and hope to see you again soon.