“Better than expected”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Linden Street & Main Street
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Had dinner here with a friend and we were both very pleasantly surprised. They have a nice drink menu and a huge variety on their regular menu. Everything we tried was absolutely delicious!!! Will be back for sure. Come eat here so we can keep this restaurant in Geneva!!!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Geneva has been long needing a bit more choice in ethinic restaurants. And no, an Irish pub does not cut it as ethnic in my book.

So I was very pleased to finally get to sample the food here a few days ago.

Now I've travelled extensively in India and have many Indian relatives so I'm figuring I know a little more about Indian food than average. It also means I have a very limited tolerance for the silly westernized pseudo Indian food that people think represents the cuisine.

Now I'm not going to tell you there isn't silly westernized nonsense offerings. Things like Chicken Vindaloo are purely for people too unadventurous (or ill informed) to know that there is no such dish in India. But luckily the large vegetarian section more than makes up for this. Now for those readers who are interested, India has a huge vegetarian population and much of Indian cuisine is vegetarian or nearly so.

So if you want to try well prepared food that is decently authentic plump for something in this section. I had the Malai Kofta and found it to be excellent as were the starters.

My three minor niggles were:

1. They didn't serve any real Indian Chai (tea)
2. The Naan/Roti seemed a little underbaked
3. The wait staff seemed a little inexperienced and clumsy

Other than that highly recommended.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Delicious food, impeccable service, warm and inviting atmosphere. I highly recommend it.
The owner chatted with us for awhile. His passion is Indian restaurants and it shows!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Had take out - keep this restaurant in Geneva. Very good Indian food.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Having grown up in Geneva, ethnic restaurants in my world consisted of Italian and Chinese. So when we heard that an Indian restaurant was opening, it was a bit of a surprise. Last weekend 4 of use decided to give it a try. Jumping to the bottom line - four thumbs WAY UP!!

We went for lunch and chose the buffet since that gave us a chance to sample everything. The manager (or owner, not sure) gave us a "guided tour" of the selections carefully explaining the ingredients and preparation of each dish. He was very gracious and checked back a couple of times during our meal.

The tastes are so different than anything we were used to, but it was a wonderful new experience. Now that we have an idea of what each dish is, we can go back for dinner and order with more confidence.

The restaurant was quite full when we got there, hopefully this is a good sign of acceptance for Pure Grill & Curry and it will be around for a long time, offering a very different taste experience for Geneva!

3  Thank KarenGeneva