All reviews wine spigot vinifera inn gift shop wine tasting tower suite dwyer suite billiard room bronze room gas fireplace seneca lake finger lakes white springs manor person shower the study sitting room jacuzzi tub romantic getaway
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved the food and Atmosphere! Very romantic but yet you can do a beer and wine tasting on site . We had the filet and Domininco with mashed potatoes and it was awesome. I had cucumber martini and he had a beer

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
BelhurstCastle, Manager at Belhurst Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Hi there!

Thank you for the kind words! We're so glad that you had a great experience and loved the filet and Delmonico at Edgar's Steakhouse.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

My mother, sister and I stopped for lunch on a Friday at the Stonecutters restautant @ Belhurst.The grounds and facility/castle are gorgeous.Sadly, the server was so overwhelmed and it showed. She was not able to attend to details. She was not rude, but not overly helpful or friendly either. She didnt bring us cream with our coffee. We asked and then waited at least five minutes. Finally we just went to the lobby and got our own cream from the coffee station. The food was good not great. We then could not get our bill even though we asked. Finally we approached her again. She apologized. Even though it was a staffing issue,and not directly the servers fault, it affected our lunch experience for certain. The cheese BLT was good and salmon pasta salad was good also. My expectations were not exceeded and we were a bit disappointed overall. I would give it another chance though.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
BelhurstCastle, Manager at Belhurst Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your review! We apologize that your experience with us was affected because of our staffing concerns in Stonecutters.

We work very hard to make sure we have the appropriate staff so we deliver the best possible experience to our customers, especially going into our Summer season. We will be sure to share your feedback with our Dining Manager, and we are working on hiring more staff for our restaurants.

We are so glad to hear that your meals were tasty, and we do hope you'll give us another chance.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

My husband and I stopped at the Belhurst for a drink and to enjoy the gorgeous views, we were in the area to celebrate my birthday and had driven 5 hours to enjoy a wine pairing dinner at another local vineyard that cancelled on us at the last minute. Feeling upset about the cancellation we had decided to go in and have a drink. We just happened to sit at the bar next to a friendly couple who inquired about why we were there etc..after explaining our delema, we found out we were talking to Duane and Deb Reeder, the owners ! Duane made a phone call and we not only enjoyed a private wine pairing dinner with an amazing menu (much better than we had planned), Deb gave us a tour, Morgan ( our wine pairing expert) was so knowledgeable about the wines and just made the evening so special , I even got chocolate covered strawberries with a candle! This was beyond what we had planned and all this at half the price of what they would normally charge but they graciously matched what we were going to pay at the other vineyard....Duane helped to turn around a bad review of the region's vinyards to a very positive experience for us. We will return here again because it's now a special memory for us, thank you so very much!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Janice T
BelhurstCastle, Manager at Belhurst Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Hi Janice!

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! It's so appreciated and your glowing words mean a great deal to us. I shared your comments with Deb and Duane Reeder, and they were so happy and appreciative that you took the time to provide feedback from your experience at Belhurst. You truly made our day!

We hope to see you again soon and thank you again!

Reviewed 23 April 2018

This was meant to be a little weekend getaway, to stay at a nice place that is renowned and known for its class, on a beautiful lake to visit the wineries.
The room we stayed in could have had better cleaning, as there were cobwebs in the corners, it was very dusty, and the linens were less than exemplary.
I could get beyond the room, but had an awful experience with the bartender in Edgar's. We sat down to wait for a table in Edgar's at the bar when were gruffly asked if the wine we were drinking was from the spigot. When we answered honestly we were asked to leave. We left looking for another place to wait. When we returned to the bar area and sat at one of the tables in the bar area (since there's no other place to wait inside, just so you know), she threatened to call security.
Mind you, we were peaceful customers, paying $300 a night to stay there, spending money at StoneCutters the night before, and about to pay for dinner at Edgar's, there was absolutely no reason to be treated that poorly. I was mortified! Honestly, I'm still embarrassed about this treatment.
We did have the manager explain to us about the different liquor licenses for each of the restaurants , and he ended up serving us for dinner, and he was wonderful. But there should be no worry about where you're consuming your wine when you're staying in a classy place such as Belhurst, and if there is, a much better way going about notifying your patrons.
I don't think I'll ever go back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Allison H

Hello Allison,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay at Belhurst Castle. Regarding the room, we apologize that it was not up to standards. We’re working to address these concerns with our Lodging Manager and Housekeeping department.

We would like to address your concerns from your experience in Edgar’s Steakhouse. Our wine spigot is for guests that are staying in our Belhurst Castle Chambers hotel only. It is not for our guests staying at our Vinifera Inn or White Springs Manor Guesthouse. After speaking with our Lodging Manager, you were guests of our Vinifera Inn and did not have the right or access to use our complimentary wine spigot, as it’s something that’s only allowed for our Castle Chambers guests. We’re very disappointed and upset that this was abused.

You mentioned that Matt, our dining manager did explain to you the liquor licenses of each of the restaurants and hotels. This is something we have to abide to, it’s the law based on our liquor license. And because of your feedback, we’re changing a few policies and procedures upon check-in to make sure our guests are aware and understand how important and serious the legalities behind our wine spigot are. It’s something that makes us very unique and customers love, so we’d hate for it go away because of misuse to our policies and licensing that we must we have in place.

To comment on your point that there should be no worry about where you’re consuming your wine at Belhurst – there is a worry and we do have to at times “police” how are guests are consuming wine from the wine spigot and restaurants, something we don’t like doing, but at times have to. And since there is this worry, it does need to be something addressed to customers in a way that’s appropriate and professional, and we apologize that this did not happen from our bartender.

We’re addressing your feedback with Matt and his team, as well as the owners of Belhurst so we can have the right policies and language in place to make sure our guests are notified and aware of the rules and regulations around the wine spigot.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we do appreciate it.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Before I get into the issues I want to let everyone know that my wife and I have been coming to the Belhurst for over 12 years now. We've stayed at all three locations several times, had brunch several times, Easter Buffet, and Mothers Day Buffet over the years, and it's always been wonderful. Today however, April 22, we checked in at Vinifera Inn room 204 and when we walked in the room we noticed that the carpet had crumbs all over it and some sort of a sucker stick laying on it, the desk had crumbs, the shower drain had some sort of foil in it. Went to front desk and the nice woman there apologized and said she would have the person who said the room was ready take a look at it. The person came (I believe his name is Scott) and apologized and asked if we wanted a new room, and we said yes.

When we went in room (201 I believe) we ALL, including Scott found the carpet to be dirty and hairs in the jacuzzi. Scott apologized again and stated that they were short a housekeeper. Scott sent us to the desk to get a certifiacate for complimentary drinks at Stone Cutters while he cleaned room 204 himself. He also asked if we wanted a bottle of red or white wine.

After our drink we returned to the desk and was told room 204 was ready. When returning I noticed that there was a vacuum cleaner outside 201. When we got back to room 204 it looked almost the same as it did before without the sucker stick and foil so my wife got the vacuum cleaner from outside 201 (this is how much we love this place) and vacuumed the floor. However when my wife looked at the jacuzzi again she found 4 or 5 hairs in it. I returned to the desk and told them I just wanted to leave, Scott couldn't believe that there was hair in the jacuzzi because he just cleaned it. I'm not quick to call someone a liar, so maybe he thought he did, and I'm not sure how experienced he is at housekeeping? We did receive a full refund and sadly returned home. I'm starting to believe all of the negative feedback being left for the Belhurst on trip advisor and sadly I don't believe we will return. We left the bottle of wine Scott gave us in the room, in case anyone was wondering:) I hope whatever the malfunction is gets fixed for future visitors, best wishes to the Belhurst!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wjh282

Hello William,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent experience at Belhurst Castle. We value all feedback – both positive and negative and wanted to take a moment to address your concerns, especially since you’ve stayed at Belhurst for over 12 years now!

We apologize that the room was not up to standards. The crumbs, shower drain and other things you mentioned are unacceptable.
Scott is our new lodging manager, he is not one of our housekeepers. After speaking with Scott about the situation, he wanted to again apologize for what happened. We all make mistakes, but this is 100 percent our fault. We know you received a full refund of the room and did not stay overnight with us, but we would like to take this opportunity to make it right. You mentioned you sadly don’t believe you’ll return, but we hope you can give Belhurst a second chance and allow us to fix our mistakes.

If you could please contact me at carly@belhurst.com, I’d love to talk to you. We’re working very hard to address the negative feedback on Trip Advisor and we take all reviews very seriously. If we did not have guest and customer feedback, we would never be able to improve, so we thank you for your comments and concerns as we work to address these issues.

Regards,