“Great Stay”
Review of Belhurst Castle

Belhurst Castle
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Geneva
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This is the second time here, and both times were great! We had stayed both times at the 2nd property a couple miles away in another mansion, which is a little quieter. The 2nd time was in the playhouse at the same location, but it is a separate small house, with two bedrooms and fireplace, with jacuzzi next to fireplace! The main rooms at castle look very nice also, and we will try them next time. Book ahead, as they fill up rooms quick!

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice, but consider staying at there other mansion property 2 miles away if you li...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've been in Healthcare for 20 years & I have always been the one treating patients. Whenever I'm in the area, I try to stay at one of the Belhurst properties. It's a great spot to get away from the hustle & bustle of the daily grind. I have been traveling alot this year, and the long flights & sitting has taken a toll on my body.
My wife suggested I unwind & get a massage, while we where on this trip. I took her advise, & it was the best thing I've done all year for myself. I couldn't believe how rejuvenated I was! It was the perfect ending to our stay at my favorite spot in the finger lakes

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We chose to stay in the castle just for the experience and history. I did not have high expectations after reading some of the reviews. The rooms are certainly showing wear and tear. The bathroom especially, had a lot of cracked tile and needed some work. There was no light over the bathtub, so it was quite dark. Rug was just ok. Small tube tv. Living room area in a serious need of updated furniture.

That being said, it was still a unique experience and neat to be in a room with history. We explored the other levels and looked at all the old pictures. We ate at the hotel's more casual restaurant and it was very good. The wine tasting in the gift shop area was fun as well.

I would definitely come back to this property, but next time I would stay in the newer Vinifera Inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BuffaloCc222
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a wonderful weekend. Our room want as luxurious as we expected, but the bathroom was wonderful and the castle was perfect. Doing the wine your route around the lake it's a must!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 17 February 2012

We recently stayed in the Vinifera Inn and it was awesome! The Vinifera is attached to and part of the Belhurst. But it is brand new. We were in a party of 12 and everyone else was in the older Belhurst side of the hotel. After taking a tour and visiting all the 6 rooms we had, let's just say I am glad we were in the newer part. None of their rooms had a view or a fireplace or a jacuzzi.

What made the Vinifera so cool is the room is actually very big - it is like the space of two rooms. Plus there is a gas fireplace which you simply turn on. That was very romantic. Also there is a view of lake Seneca out this huge picture window. Very cool.

The other great thing is there is a jacuzzi in the corner of the room. We used the jacuzzi in the evening and then again in the morning before checking out. You simply fill it with hot water and this took about 10 minutes to do so.

With the extra large room, the fireplace, the jacuzzi and the lake view, this was the best room I have ever stayed in. Period. And I have stayed in a lot of hotel rooms!

You pay a little more for the Vinifera rooms but it is worth it.

We highly recommend the Vinifera.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Little_guy_1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Geneva
3.1 km away
22.1 km away
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
Hampton Inn Penn Yan
#1 of 4 in Penn Yan

Been to Belhurst Castle? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK