“Can't wait until the next trip to Geneva, NY”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geneva
The William Smith Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Geneva B&B and Inns
Annapolis
“Can't wait until the next trip to Geneva, NY”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My family and I had the great fortune to stay at The William Smith Inn recently. Our satisfaction was due in no small part to the hospitality of the Inn Keeper and her family. Theresa made us feel truly “at home,” sharing her knowledge of the area, making sure our every need was addressed and even providing great advice on college choices for our daughter!

The inn is absolutely wonderful and very comfortable. We have a local commitment that will require frequent visits to Geneva over the next four years, so we have already booked the next several stays at the William Smith Inn!

Room Tip: The William Smith Suite was just perfect for our needs.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Lakeville, Connecticut
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed a night at the Inn with my 7 year old daughter. I will definitely return. David and Theresa Gage are the best hosts. They made us feel welcomed.

I do not usually care for bed and breakfasts because I feel as if I am intruding on people's homes. The William Smith Inn is different. The house is huge and the Gage's have one wing of the house and the rooms are separated quite well with their own bathrooms (a huge plus). Our bathroom was recently redone and it is quite a sight-- great tile work, an old-fashioned tub, double sinks, etc. The room was immaculate and clean.

Breakfast was great, and our hosts are so accommodating. Seneca, their St. Bernard/Lab mix is the icing on the cake. I would have paid extra for the privilege of hanging with Seneca-- perhaps the nicest dog I have ever met!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Richard H
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 December 2011

So we were celebrating my 40th birthday and my wife's (undisclosed # of years for my safety) birthday as well. So we wanted a nice little place. First off...I should say...I used to manage an Inn so my bar is usually pretty high as far as expectations.

Well Theresa and David exceeded them in a huge way. They just seemed to know what we needed and every question we asked (and there were a lot) were answered with a smile and great conversation. It felt like home.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The common areas were spotless too. Food was fresh and mostly from local sources (which we love).

We wish we were still there enjoying some relaxation, the area, wineries, and the William Smith Inn.

And as a dog lover...I cant forget to mention Seneca. If he was a little smaller we would have stole him. He is the best dog! But dont worry...if your not a huge animal lover, he does not stay in the Inn side. He may just come over for a quick wag and hello.

Thank you to Theresa and David for making our weekend retreat a total blast and much needed relaxation!

We will be back!

PS. As I finished the review on here I clicked swimming pool by accident and TAdvisor would not let me unclick. They dont have a pool. So disregard this on my review. But I left it as Excellent...because...if they did have a pool...I am sure it would be wonderful.... ;))

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brad M
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2011

What a fantastic experience. Theresa and David welcomed us with open arms. We felt like we were staying with relatives!!! We were on a girl cousins weekend and did we have a great time. We had two equally stunning, immaculately clean rooms. Had a tour of the nearby observatory which is amazing. Lovely breakfasts with fresh apple juice produced locally that is to die for. Felt like we made friends there and definitely will return!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Meg C
Calcium, New York
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here just this past weekend (Oct. 14 and 15, 2011) for our 20th wedding anniversary. This is the first time we have ever stayed at a Bed and Breakfast and we were welcomed with open arms. Theresa and David are very friendly and down to earth. We felt very much at home. The house is clean, spacious and beautiful. The rooms are comfortable and the food is amazing! We would definitely stay her again.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter what room you stay in, they are all beautiful
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple