All reviews polo lounge red door spa beautiful hotel long island gift shop patio bar the penthouse turn down service the lower level classic hotel train station room service directly across the street wedding reception rooms are spacious wonderful stay could not have been more
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at the gc hotel 4 times in the past 2 years since it has been renovated. The beds are very comfortable. The bathroom is all white along with white Carrera marble. I was disappointed that they changed the bathroom products for loccitane which I use at home, to some low end products. The service is amazing. In addition there is an outside bar probably seasonal and open weekends, but my 14 year old daughter and I loved it

Trip type: Travelled with family
GraceKoerner, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Thank you for your review. I am delighted your fourth stay as a guest of The Garden City Hotel was as extraordinary as your previous visits. I am also happy the Hotel's recent renovation was to your liking and you slept well on one of our specially designed for the Hotel "Luxe Dreams" beds. I am sorry you were not pleased with the Gilchrist & Soames toiletries placed in your bathroom, as Gilchrist & Soames is one of the most renowned and respected bath and body brands in the world. Our seasonal alfresco Patio Bar is open Tuesday thru Saturday late afternoon thru evening and affords our guests the opportunity to relax and enjoy the warm spring and summer weather. We look forward to your fifth visit to The Garden City Hotel.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

From the moment we walked in the staff couldn't have been nicer. Easy check in, any and all questions answered, very professional staff.. The room was immaculate and spacious with a large screen tv.. Internet was a little slow but we were there to relax so didn't care.
Dinner in the Polo Grill was expensive but delicious and the servers couldn't have been better.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am delighted your stay at The Garden City Hotel exceeded expectations beginning with your seamless check in assisted by our top notch staff, enjoying a fabulous dinner and great service in our award winning Polo Steakhouse and ending your day relaxing in your recently renovated guest room. We look forward to your next visit to The Garden City Hotel.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I grew up in Garden City and make sure we stay here when we come back. The hotel will make you feel at home even if you didn't grow up here. Excellent restaurant, bar and rooms. The staff is top notch!

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GraceKoerner, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you continually choose The Garden City Hotel as your "Home Away From Home" during your visits to your former hometown of Garden City. Thank you for your accolades about our award winning Polo Steakhouse, clubby Polo Lounge and our recently renovated guest rooms. I will pass along your compliments regarding the extremely high level of service you always receive from our staff while you are our guest at The Garden City Hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I have been staying in this hotel few times and the same problem occurs with Internet : no internet connection or very low connection therefore you are unable to browse. I decided to call the front desk and the reply was "stand next to the door of your room to get a better connection" I thought the receptionist was joking ...this is not serious really.When connecting in the system a message appears stating a new system will be installed very soon : it has been like that for the last six months ...is anyone going to do anything about it ???

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank mariomad

Thank you for your review. I apologize your internet connection has been problematic during your stays at The Garden City Hotel and the response you received from our Front Desk agent during your last visit was not adequate. I was very surprised by the response, as our Front Desk staff is routinely commended for the consistently high level of service they offer our guests. On your next visit to The Garden City Hotel, upon making your reservation, please ask to speak with me directly and I will make sure our Director of IT personally checks your room prior to your arrival to ensure the internet is up and running.

Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

I live in the area and was invited to dinner at the Polo Steakhouse at the Garden City Hotel. The staff was extremely polite and attentive. I felt like a VIP the entire time!! The ambiance of the restaurant was so comfortable with just enough lighting. And cheers to the Chef... my crab cakes appetizer and filet mignon entree were both out of this world. Our server JC was amazing! While I didn't spend the night, the entire staff from valet parking to management made my visit unforgettable. I can't wait to go back and spend more time as a guest and even visit the Red Door Spa while I'm there. I know I'll feel like I'm truly on vacation! Thank you to all the staff for a truly amazing experience.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
GraceKoerner, Guest Relations Manager at Garden City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Thank you for your review and your accolades regarding your dining experience in our award winning Polo Steakhouse. I am delighted the decor in the Steakhouse - featuring sleek black sofas, tufted red chairs, glossy mahogany floors and custom made Italian furniture, in addition to soft and flattering lighting - was to your liking. The Garden City Hotel has assembled an extremely talented culinary team and places great emphasis on all of our food and beverage offerings. I will pass along your accolades to all commended in your review, especially to our Steakhouse chef and your server JC, who were instrumental in making your visit to The Garden City Hotel memorable. On your next visit as our guest, please relax and de stress with a spa service or massage at the in house Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa. You will absolutely feel as if you are on holiday! We look forward to your next visit to The Garden City Hotel.