“Outstanding!”

Red Salt Room by David Burke
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Salt Room by David Burke is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 147 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Red Salt Room by David Burke creates a sublimely relaxed elegance for Chef Burke’s first foray of his pioneering New American cuisine on Long Island. The venue features rich herringbone wood flooring, whimsical Himalayan Sea Salt accents and fashionable milk glass chandeliers. The menu showcases the chef’s hallmark dishes, such as crackling pork shank and “angry” lobster, along with his unique approach to regional offerings, such as dry-aged Long Island duck, pretzel-crusted crab cake, and a plethora of playful seasonal creations.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

My family and I had a wonderful dining experience this past weekend at Polo Steakhouse. We were celebrating my mother's 70th birthday and the staff (JC and his crew in the dining room as well as the kitchen staff) made sure the occasion was extra special. The restaurant makes for a delightful blend of ambiance and food along with high-quality service. The staff pampered us (and it appeared that this was the norm for all guests) and acted as if they could read our minds, operating in anticipation of our needs. That type of polished service is unfortunately too rare these days even at some of the finest restaurants in the NYC area. My family and I travel both within and outside the US and are major foodies, but we were still incredibly impressed with Polo making us question why it had been several years since we last visited. While enjoying cocktails, we were served the house-made biscuits which simply melt in your mouth (no butter needed). Moving onto appetizers, we had the Lobster Bisque (the best I have ever tasted), Grilled Baby Octopus, Jumbo Lump Crab Cake, Shrimp Cocktail and Chilled Maine Lobster Salad. For our mains we had the Halibut, Grilled Rainbow Trout, Pot Au Feu, Filet Mignon and Green Circle Chicken. All were exceptional. For my main course I enjoyed a special bone-in NY Strip Steak that had been dry-dry aged for 105 days. Without exaggeration, I can honestly say that this was the most exceptional steak I have ever eaten (and having lived in and around NYC my entire life, I have dined at all the classic NY Steakhouses so I know steak). For sides we enjoyed the Mac & Cheese, Creamed Spinach, and Roasted Mushrooms & Caramelized Onions. We finished our meal with several desserts. All were delicious, however, the Chocolate Pot De Crème, Crème Broulee and Bread Pudding with Bourbon Ice Cream were the real standouts. Polo Steakhouse is not to be missed!

GraceKoerner, Guest Relations Manager at Red Salt Room by David Burke, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for your review. As I responded to your posting on another outlet - I am pleased you chose to celebrate your mother's 70th birthday at Polo Steakhouse and from your compliments, we contributed in making a very special occasion even more memorable for you and your family. Our amazing Polo service team is instrumental in setting the standard of refinement combined with genuine care and concern expected by today's sophisticated diner. I will pass along your accolades to JC et al. Our chefs, under the leadership of Executive Chef Ari Nieminen, exhibit their love of the craft by creating exceptional culinary experiences for our guests and I am delighted they again exceeded expectations. Please do not let several years go by until your next visit as we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Found this place while staying in Garden City NY. Decided to go with pasta dish with pancetta and sausage along with a glass of wine. I cleaned my plate. It was very tasty with a slight sweet flavor from the sausage and sauce.

Would recommend for nice quiet place to grab good food.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Great breakfast although found the buffet to be pricey at $150 for 4 people. However the staff went above and beyond to provide whatever you desired.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I went to Polo with 5 other ladies for a birthday brunch. There was a wide selection of delicious food for all palates, excellent cocktails and exceptional service. We did not feel rushed. The wait staff and station chefs were friendly and accommodating. Gary Mathieu, the manager, thanked us for joining and provided us with his business card so that we could contact him the next time we would like to dine there for other occasions. As a person who lives and dines in NYC, I was impressed by my suburban experience. I will certainly be back.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed in the restaurant
The food was just ok and the drinks were very weak. The service was horrible. When we mentioned it to management they didn't seem to care. They had a very stuck up attitude and just made excuses. Which shouldn't surprise me. I went back and read the reviews about this hotel/restaurant and it is clear that management here really doesn't get it. It's called customer service!!! And yes I know that the hotel "guest relations" manager will attack my review and blame me like she does with every negative review. But this only emphasizes that the problem is with the hotels upper management.
And the prices were outrageous
Absolutely the low point of our trip to garden city
Avoid this restaurant at all costs

Sara A, Manager at Red Salt Room by David Burke, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

I apologize your dining experience at Polo Steakhouse was completely unsatisfactory and acknowledge we missed the mark for you on this occasion. Although this will not change the circumstances that occurred during your dinner, if you choose, please e mail me at gkoerner@gchotel to further discuss your evening so that improvements where necessary can be implemented for future guests at Polo.