“Dinner”

Grand Lux Cafe
Ranked #4 of 138 Restaurants in Garden City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A world of food awaits at Grand Lux Cafe featuring internationally inspired cuisine.Located in the Roosevelt Field Mall next to Loews Theatre and the parking garage.
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We arrived for dinner and were promptly seated. The server greeted us and we proceeded to order our meal. We couldn't linger since we had an appointment within an hour. We ordered the cedar plank salmon with honey and BBQ sauce topping. We haven't been to the Grand Lux Cafe in many years but remember the cedar plank salmon was good...nothing has changed this dish is still very good. We will be back more frequently. We have been to their sister restaurant, Cheesecake Factory, Grand Lux is far superior. There is nothing on the Cheesecake Factory menu that is appealing. I recommend trying Grand Lux and the cedar plank salmon.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Nice prices and large portions for their HH menu. Appetizers are $6 and are reg sized. I didn’t have a drink but their HH drink menu is pretty extensive. Fully recommend.

Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

My family and I are HUGE Cheeswcake Factory lovers so to discover this restaurant was a lot of fun. We were served in a timely manner, despite the restaurant being busy and we enjoyed some delicious and crunchy bread to start. Although my calamari was slightly undercooked, our server along with the manager ensured a fresh and cooked calamari was sent out in replacement. They rectified the situation to where as a customer, I was more than happy. This is another great location for casual get together or fun dates with the husband, we will be back!

Side note: conveniently located in the Rosevelt Field Mall parking lot and beside a movie theatre; so your entire Saturday afternoon/evening us taken care of!

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Food was good. I believe this restaurant is a sister to The Cheesecake Factory. Service wasn't great. Don't think I'd go back.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Grand Lux Cafe has stood the test of time. Yes they belong to the Cheesecake family of restaurants but it is so so much better. It seems to be more refined although I love Cheesecake Factory just the same. Grand Lux Cafe feels more special somehow. Perhaps it's the decor or the menu choices. Lately the servers seem to be running helter skelter, perhaps it's just the holidays or something like they are overworked and it affects the quality of service to the customers. They don't seem to clean/bus up the table as often or refil water classes unless you ask or refill your coffee cups. Service use to feel upscale to Cheesecake Factory and now there's no difference. Food still looks apealing, taste great, well prepared and a tadtoo much salt but overall quality decent. Hostesses are friendly and warm, does a great job seating the masses and crowd control. Happy Eating and I'll see ya around the booths more so than the tables here!