River Run Bed & Breakfast(Fleischmanns)(Great Value!)
US$ 98
Hotels.com
Cold Spring Lodge(Big Indian)
US$ 197
US$ 190
Orbitz.com
US$ 109
Black Bear Lodge(Prattsville)
US$ 96
Cave Mountain Motel(Windham)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 96
US$ 146
US$ 140
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 March 2010

After reading the bad February comment and a few positive ones from January, I was skeptical to go there. But due to deals offerred by the owners and the positive comments, I decided to go there with my family. To my surprise, I found that the place was quite different from what I'd originally expected. The rooms weren't new, but they were large and clean with plenty of daylight.
The sheets, bed spreads, and blankets were all new, which made our stay very comfortable. They have regular hotel rooms, efficiencies, and of course 2 bedroom units with kitchens , which I took. The owners and staff were very friendly and they went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The hotel was also the closest to Belleyre ski mountain and not far from Hunter, Windham, and Plattekill. It is extremely family oriented. The bar is for both adults and children, with pool tables and other games. This made our evening very enjoyable. My family will be going there for skiing and snow boarding every year and I recommend it to everybody else. Although it isn't brand new, what do you expect from rooms in the mountains where people walk all over the rooms with wet shoes and gear after coming off the mountain. Overall, my stay was comfortable and fun and I hope you have the chance to enjoy it as well.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 February 2010

Looking for a place near skiing? Hoping for a smelly dark old room in need of a complete renovation? Have we got the spot for you! The Northland Motel is perhaps the most dreary place we have ever stayed. I should have known with only a couple reviews that there must be a reason this place is overlooked. My advice? Overlook it., you can do better, show a little self esteem. Just because you are on a budget doen't mean you need a night of mysterious smells, cracked linoleum and a shower so grim even Anthony Perkins would walk away. No, this is simply not for you or anyone. Ever.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Helenaliamterry
Reviewed 19 February 2010

We stayed here with a group of 16 boys and 6 adults. We had two bedroom suites in the main building.

We were skeptical since some of the reviews slammed the place. But Rocky (the owner) was a great host. Yes, he's maximizing his profits by furnishing the suites with 1960s era sofas, but the beds, linens, plumbing, and service were great. You really can't expect a place to look plush when it caters to people who are there to ski, not hang out in the rooms.

Rocky will also come up with the best ways to get ski equipment and lift tickets. Talk to him and he'll find you a deal.

The place isn't the Hilton, but it is convenient and clean.

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed 11 February 2010

I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay near Belleayre Mountain. Northland is an older motel but the rooms are freshly painted and in generally good working condition. One of the beds was a little stiff with a plywood board between the boxspring and the mattress, but that was not a big deal. Northland participates in the voucher program for Belleayre and sells discount tickets at $24 each, which can be used with the kids ski free voucher, so we got lift tickets for $12 each! It's about 1.5 miles west of the mountain. The owner is friendly, the parking is very convenient and there is a deli adjacent to the motel. Good place for a budget ski/snowboard trip.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 July 2006

I spoke with a bed & breakfast and was calling back to make reservations when I asked if this was the LAMPLIGHT INN I was told it was, when i asked if the mountain view room was still available she told me it was so i proceeded to give her my credit crad #. We were supposted to stay friday and saturday night,but we decided to stay thursday night too so i called the Lamplight Inn to see if the room was available and they had no clue who I was. So I started calling everypalce that I talked too and could'nt find out who I gave my card # to. I was on the Lake George web site and the Northland Motel is not even listed. I called Northland after i got home and figured from the credit card trasaction who i had called and she was very rude and told me that they only rent to Jewish people but she made an exception for me. She mislead me to think I was making reservations to The Lamplight Inn. She charged me the $ 183.60 and said i was waisting her time. If she spoke decent english maybe this could have been avioded. NOT NICE PEOPLE

• Stayed: July 2006