See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 February 2011

For $49 a night, you get to ski AND stay. Belleayre's regular price is $45 so it's pretty much ski for free if you stay at their place. For that price, don't expect luxury. There is cable, microwave, and a mini refrigerator... no coffee maker or continental breakfast. There is however a mini mart next door to get coffee, breakfast, lunch, snacks, ect. Another thing I liked about this motel was their shower pressure!!! I feel like it's rare to get a good shower pressure at motels and Northland has it.

In conclusion, I would recommend this motel if you just want to avoid a long drive to or from Belleayre Mt. Their midweek special of $49 to ski and stay is quite a deal.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trishajam
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We stayed at this motel for one night. That was quite enough.

The furniture was threadbare. The towels dirty. The kitchenette (for which we paid extra) was dirty and old. There were no utensils whatsoever. The bathroom had seen much better days. The windows were covered by plastic sheets to keep out the cold (but didn't keep out the noise!).

We were promised WiFi but "oh, your room is too far for it". So no WiFi.

The TV was a small CRT model, and rather old (to fit the furniture, I guess).

The floor was dirty. The shutters broken.

There was a handwritten note on the table "A tip is appreciated". For what?

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank eladyt
Reviewed 8 March 2010

After reading the bad February comment and a few positive ones from January, I was skeptical to go there. But due to deals offerred by the owners and the positive comments, I decided to go there with my family. To my surprise, I found that the place was quite different from what I'd originally expected. The rooms weren't new, but they were large and clean with plenty of daylight.
The sheets, bed spreads, and blankets were all new, which made our stay very comfortable. They have regular hotel rooms, efficiencies, and of course 2 bedroom units with kitchens , which I took. The owners and staff were very friendly and they went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The hotel was also the closest to Belleyre ski mountain and not far from Hunter, Windham, and Plattekill. It is extremely family oriented. The bar is for both adults and children, with pool tables and other games. This made our evening very enjoyable. My family will be going there for skiing and snow boarding every year and I recommend it to everybody else. Although it isn't brand new, what do you expect from rooms in the mountains where people walk all over the rooms with wet shoes and gear after coming off the mountain. Overall, my stay was comfortable and fun and I hope you have the chance to enjoy it as well.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 February 2010

Looking for a place near skiing? Hoping for a smelly dark old room in need of a complete renovation? Have we got the spot for you! The Northland Motel is perhaps the most dreary place we have ever stayed. I should have known with only a couple reviews that there must be a reason this place is overlooked. My advice? Overlook it., you can do better, show a little self esteem. Just because you are on a budget doen't mean you need a night of mysterious smells, cracked linoleum and a shower so grim even Anthony Perkins would walk away. No, this is simply not for you or anyone. Ever.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Helenaliamterry
Reviewed 19 February 2010

We stayed here with a group of 16 boys and 6 adults. We had two bedroom suites in the main building.

We were skeptical since some of the reviews slammed the place. But Rocky (the owner) was a great host. Yes, he's maximizing his profits by furnishing the suites with 1960s era sofas, but the beds, linens, plumbing, and service were great. You really can't expect a place to look plush when it caters to people who are there to ski, not hang out in the rooms.

Rocky will also come up with the best ways to get ski equipment and lift tickets. Talk to him and he'll find you a deal.

The place isn't the Hilton, but it is convenient and clean.

• Stayed: January 2010