“Did Not Get a Good Night's Rest”

Budget Inn Farmington
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Farmington
Buffalo, New York
“Did Not Get a Good Night's Rest”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Stayed one night May 2012. The staff is very friendly. The phone system is very poor. Antiseptic smell upon entering room. They use some kind of spray. I am a non-smoker and the room did not smell of smoke. Good point. However, the mattress was too soft and very little support. (Old?)(Inexpensive mattress?) I was in a non-smoking room very near the office. I was almost asleep even after hearing voices from adjacent rooms (walls not well soundproofed) but then at 11:43 pm the room next to me but one room further from the office became occupied. People started showering. The loudness of the water rushing through the pipes woke me up and with the poor mattress I was not able to get back to sleep for several hours. I think "budget" comes in with poor soundproofing of walls, piping, architectural design to preclude such noise problems. I got only about 4 hours of very disrupted sleep. The shower looked clean but after emerging I saw something along the bottom part of the edge where the "granite ?" wall meets the tub. It looked like mold. Then there was a ant in the tub. The towels were thick but very rough. The TV stations were mostly fuzzy with no guide as to which stations were available or what. Room was spacious enough. Nice, clean little fridge. Did not use the microwave or coffee maker with coffee grounds in nice little sealed packaging. Ice available in washroom when open. No attendant at desk area at 7 am in the morning. Liked being able to park my car just outside the door. Well lit throughout the night. Near to wear family gathering was so that was good. The noise and poor mattress preclude me from wanting to stay here another night. I paid just under $80. with the tax. Thought it "tacky" for housekeeping to leave a tip envelope on room desk. (I did however leave a tip because I know the staff in any of these places does work hard and these people were friendly. Running a motel requires a lot of hard work.) For me, I think it may be worth it to pay the higher rates of motels with better mattresses and better sound proofing against talking of other guests, car arrivals, showers running, etc. It is a tough call to rate this motel.

Room Tip: Sometimes when calling motel on phone will not get an answer. Have to try again later. Not enough...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank Visitorfromfalls
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Auburn Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 13 June 2011

If you are looking for a quite, clean place to sleep for an inexpensive price--this place is for you. The unit we had was recently remodeled and updated. It was a refreshing experience for such a low price. If you have kids and want something other than tv to be entertained, this is not for you, but for us it was great!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank butterfly29571
Farmington, New York
Reviewed 24 November 2010

This is an excellent Inn. The rooms are spacious, spotlessly clean, and very well equipped. The carpet was immaculate. The room was equipped with two queen beds, small fridge, microwave, and coffee pot and coffee. The bathroom was also equipped with a hair drier. The Inn is also AAA approved. The staff was very friendly and professional. What more could you ask for? I will certainly recommend them and look for other Budget Inn's.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank troedel
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 October 2010

My expectations were rather low but I was pleasantly surprised. Considering the class of hotel, the room was more spacious than I expected even with two double beds taking up more room than a king would have. Some things needed updating but everything was clean. TV, lights, fridge, etc. worked fine. Bed & pillows comfortable, bed linens OK. Towels fairly rough but at least not totally thin. The room stayed at a comfortable, consistent temp and I didn't have to fiddle with the heating/cooling unit. The worst thing about my stay was that the walls of the rooms are not at all soundproofed. I heard traffic on the main road, other guests arriving, talking, (and more...), etc., and the next morning I could see by location of parked cars that the other guests weren't in rooms directly next to mine; I'd heard them even though unoccupied rooms were on either side of me.

• Stayed October 2010
Homer City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My husband and I reviewed the Budget Inn's website and they had their rates advertised for $57.00 a night. We called and over the phone the manager quoted us $59.00 a night. As a result the manager agreed to $57.00 a night and we booked our rooms with them for a two night stay. We received our confirmation number. When we arrived there to check in, the owner told us the rate would be $69.00 a night. The owner tried to tell us that he never agreed to $57.00 a night and that it was never that price on the website. He lied to us and we were really upset! He would not budge and would not keep his word or our agreement. As a result, we did not stay there and went down the road and stayed at another motel. The point is that he advertises one price to get people to book and when you get there he charges another price. Just wanted other people to be aware .of this! This is not right and he should not be allowed to get away with this.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank football330
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmington
0.2 km away
Manchester Inn
#1 of 1 in Manchester
8.9 km away
Homewood Suites Rochester - Victor

Been to Budget Inn Farmington? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK