“Yummy Steak”

Silver Fox Steakhouse
Ranked #11 of 35 Restaurants in Ellicottville
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 50
Reviewed 1 March 2017

We had a wonderful meal. The steak was done to perfection. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful with suggestions. This restaurant is a beautifully refurbished barn that was completed in the 70's. It has charm and a quaintness that we loved.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

This place is average, and its not going to leave much of an impression. The interior is small and dated. We ordered the twin filets for dinner..the steaks were fine but they were served on top of what seemed to taste like instant potatoes, I would have preferred the potatoes to be on the side, rather than mixed in with my steak. Also, the onion rolls that you get with the meal (yes, onion..poor choice) were very dry and almost stale. I think a traditional dinner roll would have been a better option.

1  Thank stevef866
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

We had dinner here this past weekend. The Village was extremely busy. The wait was 45 minutes with room at the bar to relax & wait. The food was amazing. Small problem with my meal, but the hostess was so accommodating & even discounted my bill! Highly recommend. Service is wonderful! Sandee & Dave, West Seneca, NY

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

We visited Silver Fox on a weekend away for my birthday. No reservations accepted, however we showed up at 6:30 on a Saturday and had no problem getting a table. We all ordered steaks. It was a bit pricy and a la carte. The rest of our group loved their steaks and meals and thought they were some of the best they've ever had. The moment my steak came I knew something wasn't right with it. It smelled rotten. I took one bite and immediately stopped. The steak was obviously spoiled. The restaurant was gracious and offered a new steak and took my meal off of the bill. I preferred not to get another steak. My potatoes were delicious though! Not sure I would return though since I was very turned off by my steak. The rest of my group loved their meals!

1  Thank Sun_chaserNewYork
Reviewed 1 October 2016

My husband and I, along with our toddler, visited the Silver Fox tonight for the first time. It was great to get such tasty food in an environment that made our toddler feel welcome. Our server was very friendly (I think her name was Sharon). We got the steak and fries and the surf and turf (a filet and shrimp). We both ordered our steaks medium It was a good filet (as good as you would expect from most steakhouses), very enjoyable. I thought the shrimp were delicious and my salad was interesting (in a good way). The french fries, however, were old and/or overcooked. Our toddler shared some of our food and enjoyed it as well.