“Embassy Suites is slipping”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Cincinnati
“Embassy Suites is slipping”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We found this Embassy Suites down in quality, and expensive.
Perhaps the rates were increased as it was a football weekend. Don't know.
Like our other Embassy Suites experience in Cleveland, the room was shabbier than in the past. Again, not shabby, but shabbier. Peeling wallpaper; scum on the shower curtain, mildew in the shower. Things we would've never seen in Embassy Suites of a while ago.

Staff was fine. Lobby was fine. We did have thumping bass music keeping us awake in our 4th floor room past 11PM. From the ballroom off the lobby. That was annoying but the front desk handled it nicely when we called.

Liked the location, right off the NY Thruway. Easy.

Would stay here again for sure, but the management needs to pay attention to the details of the rooms for sure.

3 Thank CincyBuckeye
Brad A, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I would like to apologize to you for the condition of your room. I have shared your comments with the team in an effort to continue to improve our product and services we offer. We are looking forward to a refresh of our guest rooms and public areas in the very near future.

We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Syracuse New York area.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We just returned from staying at this hotel and we definitely would not return. We have stayed here several times previously and have noticed that it has really gone down in terms of cleanliness. The carpet in the room was filthy and our young daughter even noticed fingernail or toenail clippings by the bed! We put towels on the floor and walked on the towels, and also wore our flip flops the entire time. The bedroom also had a smell that lingered. The air vents were coated with grey dirt and looked like they had never been cleaned. Only one tiny shampoo and conditioner bottle for three people, and were told that was the standard (never heard that before!). Don't stay on the side of the hotel which faces the highway or you will hear the transport trucks driving by all night. Ask for a higher number room (820 - 840) so you will be on the quieter side. Only good thing was the restaurant in the hotel which made a really good pizza and wings, and the service there was very good. Definitely won't go back to this hotel, unfortunately they have let it get too dirty.

Room Tip: Rooms that don't face the highway.
2 Thank Beach4ever4me
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I would like to apologize to you for the cleanliness of your room. Your experience was not acceptable and I would like to reach out to you and ask that you contact me personally at the hotel. Again, thank you for letting us know so we may correct the issues and improve our product.
SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Our room looked old and ragged. The wall paper was peeling away. The room colors are drab and the carpeting looked dirty. The bathroom sink did not drain so we used the bar sink instead.
I wanted to cancel my reservation but was told I'd have to pay for the room regardless. The receptionist was friendly and professional and I have no complaints with them. The managers reception is always pleasant. And I enjoy the cooked to order breakfast. I cannot recommend this hotel due to the condition of the room. We moved to the HIlton Garden Inn next day.

1 Thank Schowdy
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We appreciate the positive comments about your stay and I have shared them with the team. We are very excited to announce a guest room refresh in the very near future which will address the condition issues you experienced during your stay. I do apologize your room was not perfect and we will work to correct that.'

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return the next time you are in the Syracuse area.
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Had I read some of the reviews on this hotel in advance I might not have stayed. Glad I didn't as I found the hotel to be very nice although it's starting to show its' age. The rooms are fantastic with a lounge and a bedroom. Rooms also have a micro and fridge. The restaurant is quite good and the included "made to order" omelet breakfast is fantastic. We've been on the road a week on vacation and this is the best 'bang for the buck' that we've encountered. If you reduce the cost of the room by the cost of breakfast, the room is very competitive with the lower-end chains. We're staying an extra night and taking in the outlet-mall shopping today. This will definitely be my first choice on return visits to Syracuse.

Room Tip: If you're bothered by traffic noise ask for a room away from I-90. There is noticeable traffic...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Dear ZoomOttawa, thanks for the great comments regarding your recent stay at Embassy Suites Syracuse. We are very happy you now consider us your "first choice on return visits to Syracuse."

Hope to see you soon.
Barneveld
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

The buffet is always the best. HOWEVER: I asked the check in clerk twice, what time the buffet started and she said 07:00 AM. I mentioned that we had to be somewhere at 08:00 AM. She was quite brusque and not interested in my problem. The next morning we came down at 06:45 and people were eating. Then we were told it started at 06:00 AM both Saturday and Sunday. It would have been convenient to eat early as we were going to run a race at 08:30 AM.
I have stayed here many times and it's always nice. Clean suite, beautiful decor in the downstairs lobby area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
0.9 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse
Hilton Garden Inn Syracuse
#3 of 19 in East Syracuse

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK