“Get the right room”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in East Syracuse
Boston
“Get the right room”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Spent one night here this week. Staff was real nice and very professional, parking fine and location good. Property was in general kept up well, but showing a little of it's 25 year age. We love the true suite (two room) set up. Flat panel tv's etc. Breakfast was made to order, but quality of food was medium at best.
Find it odd the room had nice flat screen tv's and updated furniture, but wall paper peeling and drunk painter seems to be a bad finish. Not real bad, but it would have been so simple to make the job look good.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the rooms on the North side. They are right next to I90 and that is all you will h...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Liverpool
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I recently had my daughter’s wedding at the Embassy Suites and I would like to make some comments if I may.
Kathleen Campbell and the hotel couldn’t have been better. Everything was better than I had hoped it would be. The entire time we were there, my family and guests were treated great.
Your hotel is the perfect place to hold a wedding and I would do it again there in a heartbeat. The Atrium is a great setting for the ceremony and pictures. I loved the fact that we didn’t have to leave to go to the reception, just to the other room. Your staff was great as far as serving and cleaning up after. It was awesome to hear that my daughter was given a person to get and carry her food so as to not mess up her dress. My daughter wanted her dog in the wedding and you allowed it. That was very nice of you and she really appreciated it.
Kathleen was AWSOME to work with. She took care of everything and any glitches that popped up. We had a couple of little things that were a problem (nobody’s fault) and kathleen took care of them and made it as though nothing happened. That day couldn’t have been better and it is in part because of Kathleen and the great job she did. Working with her was like working with a friend and it made that stressful time a ton easier. Your hotel was great, but to me she was the face of the hotel, and you should be grateful to have her as such.
Again, the hotel your staff and especially Kathleen made my daughter’s day one we won’t forget. Thank you and maybe we will see you again when my son gets married.
Jerry & Rene Goodfellow

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
JWGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Jerry G.,
Thank you so much for recognizing one of our team members. Kathleen is a great part of a caring team and it is wonderful that someone takes the time to let her know. We are greatful to you for having your event here and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
We will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team and give Kathleen the accolades she so deserves.
Thank you, again.

Dexter, NY
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Stayed for two nights the weekend of 3/2. The hotel hosted at least one school aged hockey team and their parents. The children filled the pool area with little supervision and made it not only unusable but dangerous. Diving, jumping and splashing in both the pool and hottub. there were towel fights on the pool deck and when I was able to get a manager to the pool to get things in order, the chaos resumed the minute he left. There should have been an employee posted in the area to ensure that kids were supervised and that the rules were adhered to. When the group was not in the pool they were jumping through the planters in the atrium and running through the paths making the area unusable as well. The manager on duty asked for my room number so he "could take care of it with me". I was never contacted. The lack of followthrough is perhaps the most disappointing part of it.

I have attempted to book rooms in other hotels and have been warned in advance if there were groups already booked that may pose an inconvenience to other guests. We should have been warned. During our stays in the past, thngs seemed much more under control. This was a huge disappointment to me and my family.

Room Tip: Ask if there are sports team in the hotel, and if they will be expected to follow the rules.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim R
JWGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Tim R.,
We have been making improvements in our communication to guests, adherence to courtesy policies and responsiveness largely due to feedback just like yours. I am also disappointed that a member of our team did not contact you as they committed. The diving and unruly behavior at the pool is definitely a focus of ours when we have alot of families in town.
We, as a team, will take all of your feedback and utilize it to further improve our service at the hotel. Thank you for sharing. I hope we get the opportunity to meet the next time you visit.

(315) 446-3200 X2110
john.whippen@hilton.com
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This hotel is great! We had a wonderful experience while there on business with colleagues. The breakfast and social hour are a real plus!
We would like to acknowledge Tom - whose role is host, I think, for being so personable and helpful. Also Rosemary, from housekeeping, was most gracious and helpful. Then there is Debbie, one of our waitresses for our planned dinners, who always has a smile and ensures that the meal is exactly the way you want (I remembered her from last year as well).
When choosing a hotel in Syracuse, I would certainly recommend this one.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mary D.,
We are so glad you had a great stay with us and showed your appreciation for Tom. He is a great team member and we will definitely share this recognition with him.
We are a newer team and focused on many improvments to our service to the guests and it is great to see some of our efforts recognized. I look forward to your next visit so we can show you how much more we can do.
Thank you, again, for the glowing review. See you next time!!

(315) 466-3200 X2110
Orange County, NY
Reviewed 20 March 2012

The hotel was really nice....beautiful lobby with lots of trees..makes you feel like you are outside. Rooms are nice, large, clean and beds are very comfy. The breakfast was great....made to order and plenty of good buffet items and the breakfast staff was very nice! The afternoon mgrs reception was also great...open bar and pretzels/chips included in the price of the room! Only two problems: Our room was located on the 2nd floor directly over the meeting/party rooms. One night there was a wedding being held and the noise from the DJ was horrible...very loud music and constant booming noises from the amps......impossible to sleep or even think for that matter!! Make sure you do NOT get a room in this location. The 2nd issue we had was that there were no garbage receptacles anywhere but in the rooms. Sounds strange but when we asked the front desk staff they seemed to not be happy about it either and said that it is "corporate policy" to have no receptacles....strange??? Front desk staff were cordial.....not warm and friendly but ok...Considering everything....a very good stay...will definitely go back there if I am in town again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family