Really very nice with a modest comfortable room.
WiFi did not work upstairs which was a little annoying, but otherwise everything else was fine. Great bar on the main floor.
Would stay again!
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
We went to East Hampton in November 2011, yes it was off-season, but still very lovely... Having found Huntting Inn from TripAdvisor, we had an idea of what to expect, and in most senses it fit the bill in the sense of coziness.
- Cozy and magical atmosphere
- Knowledgeable receptionists
- (Loved) 'The Palm', a steak-house placed inside the inn
- That it was a walking distance to the ocean, and the town center, where there is a lot of the high-end brands you would look for if you love shopping
- Close to bike-rentals, by which you can go to close-by vineyards, neighboring villages, and sightseeing
- Rich breakfast for an inn
Did not like:
- That they rejected our kind request to refund the second night (we asked immediately once we arrived there as there was the possibility of an emergency, we explained the situation),
- It was really pricey for an off-season period in such a small room
- The walls are extremely non-sound-proof (fair as it is such an old building, but just beware of it)
Overall, I can see myself going there again if I caught a bargain, it was such a peaceful stay...
The Huntting Inn is a beautiful old property—well-maintained, charming and warm with a wonderful, friendly staff. The rooms are comfortable and the bathrooms new. The lounge was perfect for relaxing by the fire and continental breakfast in the adjoining dining room was a nice way to begin the day. Pastries, bagels, fruit salad, cereals, tea, juices and great coffee were all available until mid-morning.
The Inn is situated right on Main Street minutes from East Hampton's shops, restaurants, galleries and movie theatre.
The staff was very helpful and was so kind to upgrade our room for our second night.
We look forward to our next visit.
My fiancee and I have stayed for the last two New Year's and other times during the year and are never disappointed. The service is amazing and the location is great. A wonderful place to stay. Plus having the Palm right downstairs doesn't hurt either!
The Huntting Inn is a special and magical experience - especially in the winter. It's cozy and charming, and very well-located. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. I highly recommend it!
LOVELY! Really enjoyed our stay at The Hunting INN - we visited during December 2011. Our room was nice and clean and the staff was wonderful. Hotel was very nice and had tons of character - Great location and The Palm was an added bonus as the hotel restaurant! Everyone thinks of the Hamptons for the summer - it's great to visit in the winter too!