Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany
Fairfield Inn
US$ 179
US$ 175
US$ 117
Four Seasons Motel(Castleton On Hudson)
US$ 55
US$ 122
US$ 96
US$ 84
Travelocity
All reviewsmicrowave and mini fridgefree wifiroom was cleanwater pressuremoteltilechannels
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We have two small yorkshire terrier dogs and chose this hotel due to it advertising "pet friendly" and it's price. Upon check-in there was a sign behind the desk that said 'NO PETS ALLOWED'. As I was over 4 hours away from home with no other reservation, I decided not to tell them I brought my dogs. I wasn't very happy. After walking into the room there were two heat vents, both with no registers on them so there was literally two rectangle squares in the wall which contained some cobwebs. Our AC was locked into "Energy Save Mode" which apparently translates into doesn't work. We kept it on it's lowest setting at 64 degrees and the room temperature never went below an estimated 72 and would auto-shutoff after about 30 minutes of continuous use. The bed was very hard and the bathroom door did not shut. Tried to do some work in the hotel with the free WiFi and it was too slow to be of use. I'm usually very content (I know you're probably skeptical after reading this review lol) but I was very unhappy with what we received for the price. I will not be returning.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
ABVIGreenbush, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Dear MarkyMark1985,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am sorry to hear about your experience. As a general rule, we do not allow pets. Many people have pet allergies and cannot stay in a room which had a pet. Please be sure to notify management in the future if you are bringing a pet. Special arrangements could be made for you in advance. Addtional fees apply. The air conditioners are less than two years old and we have not experienced any issues. Our front desk is available 24 hours. We would have been happy to assist you if you had contacted us regarding the issue during your stay. We hope you stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Reviewed 10 May 2011

First the good points--the place is cheap and convenient to the main strip (Columbia Turnpike). The room we had was spartan and clean. Despite being near the main road, it was quiet and all we could hear was the neighbor(s) taking multiple showers.
I'd say for a few days in town this place is okay.

It has a small microwave, a small refrigerator and an old shower (no bathtub, so parents with little ones, beware!).

Now for the bad...the service. The motel is run by people who either have no idea about customer service nor do they care. When we checked in, the man at the front desk did not greet us. He did not offer a smile. He just stood stoney faced and demanded with grunts that my partner fill out the form and hand over his credit card. This lack of customer service continued throughout our stay. Any time we had to interact with any staff member (all related, apparently as they seemed Eastern/Indian) we received indifferent shrugs (perhaps they do not understand English?) and sighs of annoyance.

I also felt paying upfront was a bad sign of a shoddy run organization.

Room Tip: Ask if you want a room with a bath.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Saxonpointer,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and convenient location. I apologize for the apparent lack of customer service you received during your stay. I have spoken to the front desk and the appropriate action taken. As with any service industry, money (in exchange for goods or services )is exchanged beforehand. Businesses such as grocery stores and gas stations require customers to pay for goods before using them. Hotels (including our establishment) all require payment in advance and is not a sign of a shoddy organization. We hope you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 18 March 2011

If you're looking for a no frills, value stay in the Albany area, this is your best bet. No complaints, staff was helpful, nice furniture, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank SteveM29

Dear SteveM29,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful staff and nice room furnishings. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 February 2011

We where told cost of room was $60, however when we arrived, said was $70. I argued and got my rate reduced, however our friends couldn't get theirs reduced. Couldn't get room door open because of the ice and water buildup inside of door. Husband had to just about kick the door down to get it opened. Walked in and room smelled musty, old and nasty. I wouldn't even walk on the floors without my shoes on, the floors where that filthy. Table and chair in room - filthy. Bathroom disgusting. I put towels on the floor before I would step into shower. Shower stall wasn't horrible, but had a hard time getting faucet to turn on. Towels and sheets where clean, but comforter was disgusting. There was dirt caked in every corner of the bathroom and room. Our friends had mold on their shower walls. Our other friends couldn't get their toilet to flush. Stains on the carpets, looked like someone had eaten in the room and it was never cleaned up. Walls had brown stains on them. Curtains where disgusting to touch. This $60 room was more like a $30 room. Only two cons...it was 10 degrees outside and the heater worked great and there is an IHOP next door that served a great breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kampinggal

Dear campinggal,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. As a rule, our front desk quotes room rates not including tax. I have discussed the issues you had with housekeeping during your stay and the appropriate action taken.

Reviewed 1 December 2010

very nice up here I will stay here in the future.
I don't think that I have ever rated a motel this good on here before, but there was nothing to complain about here. No its was not the ritz. but it was clean, safe.and much better than expected.
I had to stayed here with a few of my co workers and we were satisfied with our room. The staff was very nice and very helpful

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank rickfact

Dear Rickfact,

I appreciate the fact that you took time out of your busy schedule to share a review with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. If you ever return to the area, we would love the opportunity to serve you again.