Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in East Greenbush
Cleveland, Ohio
“NO WAY”
Reviewed 17 August 2011

This was by far the most disgusting room I have ever had the misfortune to stay in. The bathroom was grimy, the blanket and carpet littered with cigarette burns and suspicious white stains, and the pillow looked as though someone had drooled all over it. While not my first choice, it was a smoking room. I expect however, even in a room that allows smoking, that I won't wake up smelling like I spent the night in the back room of a seedy bar. Since my budget did not allow me to ditch this nonrefundable room and stay somewhere respectable, I slept in my clothes (which I promptly put in a plastic bag in the morning), kept my luggage in the car and used one of those travel neck pillows and my dog's car blanket for the night, since I could not bring myself to use the nasty stuff provided.

The location is convenient, though.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
ABVIGreenbush, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Dear kar1975,

Thank you for sharing your opinion regarding your stay with us. I apologize for any negative experience you encountered during your stay. We use a local linen supply company which provides us with fresh, clean linen daily. We recently added new pillows to all of our rooms. We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-E Greenbush, NY
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Big Flats, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We have two small yorkshire terrier dogs and chose this hotel due to it advertising "pet friendly" and it's price. Upon check-in there was a sign behind the desk that said 'NO PETS ALLOWED'. As I was over 4 hours away from home with no other reservation, I decided not to tell them I brought my dogs. I wasn't very happy. After walking into the room there were two heat vents, both with no registers on them so there was literally two rectangle squares in the wall which contained some cobwebs. Our AC was locked into "Energy Save Mode" which apparently translates into doesn't work. We kept it on it's lowest setting at 64 degrees and the room temperature never went below an estimated 72 and would auto-shutoff after about 30 minutes of continuous use. The bed was very hard and the bathroom door did not shut. Tried to do some work in the hotel with the free WiFi and it was too slow to be of use. I'm usually very content (I know you're probably skeptical after reading this review lol) but I was very unhappy with what we received for the price. I will not be returning.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Dear MarkyMark1985,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am sorry to hear about your experience. As a general rule, we do not allow pets. Many people have pet allergies and cannot stay in a room which had a pet. Please be sure to notify management in the future if you are bringing a pet. Special arrangements could be made for you in advance. Addtional fees apply. The air conditioners are less than two years old and we have not experienced any issues. Our front desk is available 24 hours. We would have been happy to assist you if you had contacted us regarding the issue during your stay. We hope you stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Travellers are raving about these East Greenbush hotels

East Greenbush, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2011

First the good points--the place is cheap and convenient to the main strip (Columbia Turnpike). The room we had was spartan and clean. Despite being near the main road, it was quiet and all we could hear was the neighbor(s) taking multiple showers.
I'd say for a few days in town this place is okay.

It has a small microwave, a small refrigerator and an old shower (no bathtub, so parents with little ones, beware!).

Now for the bad...the service. The motel is run by people who either have no idea about customer service nor do they care. When we checked in, the man at the front desk did not greet us. He did not offer a smile. He just stood stoney faced and demanded with grunts that my partner fill out the form and hand over his credit card. This lack of customer service continued throughout our stay. Any time we had to interact with any staff member (all related, apparently as they seemed Eastern/Indian) we received indifferent shrugs (perhaps they do not understand English?) and sighs of annoyance.

I also felt paying upfront was a bad sign of a shoddy run organization.

Room Tip: Ask if you want a room with a bath.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Saxonpointer,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and convenient location. I apologize for the apparent lack of customer service you received during your stay. I have spoken to the front desk and the appropriate action taken. As with any service industry, money (in exchange for goods or services )is exchanged beforehand. Businesses such as grocery stores and gas stations require customers to pay for goods before using them. Hotels (including our establishment) all require payment in advance and is not a sign of a shoddy organization. We hope you visit us again in the future.

Dayville, Connecticut
Reviewed 18 March 2011

If you're looking for a no frills, value stay in the Albany area, this is your best bet. No complaints, staff was helpful, nice furniture, I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SteveM29
Dear SteveM29,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and helpful staff and nice room furnishings. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Albany, New York
Reviewed 6 February 2011

We where told cost of room was $60, however when we arrived, said was $70. I argued and got my rate reduced, however our friends couldn't get theirs reduced. Couldn't get room door open because of the ice and water buildup inside of door. Husband had to just about kick the door down to get it opened. Walked in and room smelled musty, old and nasty. I wouldn't even walk on the floors without my shoes on, the floors where that filthy. Table and chair in room - filthy. Bathroom disgusting. I put towels on the floor before I would step into shower. Shower stall wasn't horrible, but had a hard time getting faucet to turn on. Towels and sheets where clean, but comforter was disgusting. There was dirt caked in every corner of the bathroom and room. Our friends had mold on their shower walls. Our other friends couldn't get their toilet to flush. Stains on the carpets, looked like someone had eaten in the room and it was never cleaned up. Walls had brown stains on them. Curtains where disgusting to touch. This $60 room was more like a $30 room. Only two cons...it was 10 degrees outside and the heater worked great and there is an IHOP next door that served a great breakfast.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank kampinggal
Dear campinggal,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us. I apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. As a rule, our front desk quotes room rates not including tax. I have discussed the issues you had with housekeeping during your stay and the appropriate action taken.

Also consider these accommodations in or near East Greenbush
2.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
3.5 km away
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Gr...
#1 of 2 in Castleton On Hudson
3.0 km away
Fairfield Inn Albany East Greenbush
3.5 km away
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
6.1 km away
Days Inn & Suites Glenmont/albany
3.6 km away
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - E Greenbush / Albany? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK