“Great Convenience”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in East Elmhurst
Pawling, New York
“Great Convenience”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Our stay at this hotel was all about getting to the airport on time early the next morning. The prompt airport shuttle service made sure of this. The waiter/mgr. of the restaurant made us feel very welcome with his personable presentation and friendliness. Long term stays may be a different experience because the rooms are dated and small. Overall, experience was good as well as the stay/park package we were offered.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Deirdre S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I arrived at LaGuardia and called the hotel to have the shuttle pick us up. They told me 12 minutes but it took 20 minutes to get my luggage so we missed the shuttle. I called again and they sent someone right back out. No issues there.

Our flight landed very early and check in wasn't until 3pm so we had to wait a little bit. However, i called before hand and expressed my concern regarding our early arrival and was informed by the hotel staff that we could try to check in early and if they had anything available we could check in. otherwise, we could leave our bags at the hotel. When the shuttle brought us to the hotel, there weren't any rooms ready yet so we checked our bags and had the shuttle take us to a nearby diner "The Buccaneer." We ate there and the shuttle even came back to get us! When we got back to the hotel, our room was ready and we checked in. Again, no issues.

The room was a nice size and the bathroom was definitely bigger than i had expected. When you only pay $87/night for a room in NYC, you have low expectations but i can honestly say that i have no complaints regarding our room. The only issue we had was with the air conditioner. Unfortunately, it's only March and spring just began. They didn't have the air on and said it would be a few more weeks before it is turned on officially. It was 80 degrees over the weekend so you can imagine how the room felt the first day. We opened the window and were able to just deal with the heat. Oh. and something was up with the shower. It would go from hot to warmish to kind of cold then back to hot. Nothing i couldnt deal with though.

I had a great experience here. The hotel is of course located near LaGuardia so it's not a quick trip into Manhattan. However, the hotel staff has pre-printed information on how to get from the hotel to some of the major attractions in NYC using the subway/bus. I feel like a true New Yorker now because I know that I can take the M60 bus to Astoria/31st and the N train into Manhattan!!! Loved the hotel and the experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank StaceyAdamz81
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I thought this hotel was absolutely terrible. I would never recommend this to anyone. At the hotel my room was infested with cockroaches-- both dead and alive. The air conditioning was not in working order. The carpets were covered in stains. I walked in, and promptly walked out and went to a hotel across the street. This was completely unclean and unacceptable, even if the price was low. I don't think I can say this enough-- they had cockroaches everywhere!!

Room Tip: don't go there
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Andi S
coddone, General Manager at LaGuardia Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Andi,
Please execpt my apology for your unpleasant experience during your March stay.Please rest assured that the carpets and the air conditioning issues have been addressed with the appropiate departments. In regards to the roaches this was an isolated incident due to our water system being shut down for repairs which caused the insects to enter the waste pipe system from the city sewer system.

Charles Oddone
Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Nice staff - great shuttle driver. Sparce rooms, dark lumpy carpet. Low-pressure shower. Very unluxurious bedding. Not a bad price but dissappointed.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank LHNichols
State College
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I like this place and use it when I have an early morning flight.
This is the second stay and was very impressed by shuttle driver (came immediately) and the restaurant server/bartender! The room was nicely sized and clean as was he bathroom. I will continue to stay here when I need to be close to the airport!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo