“Growing pains”

Add it.
La Brasas Grill
Ranked #33 of 59 Restaurants in East Aurora
Reviewed 1 week ago

My "average" rating is generous taking into consideration the these guys are new in town and have some growing pains. The menu is large and extensive but I fear it might also be a bit delusional if they plan to perform excellently on all the dishes. My "fiesta tacos" included one each of beef, pork & Mexican sausage. All were dry, overcooked and most importantly bland. Rice was dry and tasteless while the refried beans were rather liquid and tasteless. Her Hawaiian tack elicited a tepid "ok." In Mexican restaurants, I expect spicy aroma, distinct flavor and a modicum of heat. The bottle of habanero sauce allowed for a bit of kick but the paucity of flavor was still mighty evident. I avoided the slushy fruit "Margaritas" from the machine. Probably best to go with the bottled beer. I'll probably try the place again in a year or two to see if they've got it together. That assumes, of course, that they are still in business.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I went here when they first opened. It was slightly disappointing that they don’t serve alcohol. The food was typical Mexican, nothing special. It seemed as if they rushed to open and just weren’t ready. The walls were still yellow with holes in them from the burger kind that was previously there. None of the tables or chairs matched and every person at my table had a different cup. Overall, it was fine but we probably wouldn’t go back.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Bright interior both booths and tables available. Owner in-house and welcoming patrons.love mexican food have tried many local ones. By far this one tops my list.plates are served hot and presentation is good . Ordered lunch portion and had to take rest home for dinner. I Ordered a California burrito it was filled with perfectly grilled chicken guacamole,yellow rice,cheese and wrapped in a soft shell covered with a creamy cheese sauce . Sides were a Mexican salad and rice.M y dining partner ha a beef chimmichanga.We both loved it all. Great addition to historic East Aurora