“Amazing Burgers”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 3 February 2018

Date of Visit: February 2, 2018 (4 PM)
This was our 2nd time visiting Grover's, the first time was several years ago.
We were first introduced to Grovers through their appearance on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives with Guy Fieiri. It was relatively close, so we were excited to check out an accessible location.

The atmosphere is a typical bar/burger joint. It is apparently the former hunting lodge of Grover Cleveland - complete with some hunting type decor. It is Small, and a bit crowded. especially when the line-ups start. Line-ups almost always exist, but the food makes it worth the wait.

Food: the food is FRESH, freshly made, overindulgent proportions, and served hot (as it should be. The burgers are so thick, you can barely get your mouth around them unless you can unhinge your jaw like a snake. They cook the burgers to your liking - and as a lover of Medium Rare - this is one of the few places I completely Trust getting that. The super thick burger was very pink and juicy - but HOT in the centre. These people really know what they are doing.
The flavour options are amazing - This time I chose their 'daily burger flavour' - which was a taco burger. it was perfection - well, I would have like a little more Jalapeno.
The fish and chips (haddock) were beautiful and came with mac salad, potato salad, and cole slaw.
Cheeseburger soup - what can I say - this is an addiction. I love this soup so much.
Clam Chowder - for a place nowhere near an ocean - this is the best clam chowder I have had outside of New England/Atlantic Canada.

Prices: with all the food we had - I expected a huge bill. When we were presented with the bill and it said $39 for all of the food you see in my photos I was gobsmacked.
The menu prices are individual - burgers do not automatically come with a side, so the price of a burger is just the sandwich. If you want a side (onion rings, fries, mac salad, etc) there is a separate charge for that. my onion rings (of which there were MANY) was only $2. The fish and chips were $11. and that was a junior size - but huge still the same. A Bowl of cheeseburger soup is $5.00 & Cup of Clam chowder $4.50
Great prices.

Service: The servers are all very busy, as the place is almost always packed (for good reason), but they are always very pleasant. They are very attentive, even when serving multiple tables at a time while trying to manoeuvre through the crowds.

The restaurant is small, and always crowded, but that is just proof that the food is amazing.
When you arrive, there is a chalkboard in the middle of the restaurant where you put your name down to be next in line for a table.

This place is definitely worth breaking the diet. The food is so good, you will love it.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Fish fry was great but didn’t appreciate being gauged on drinks. One pint draft IPA was $8.00!!!
Burgers are great too.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

My friend and I were debating where to go for lunch when we passed GROVERS. She was in the mood for soup and had never been to GROVERS (I had been once before).....so we decided to turn around and go back. We sat at the bar rather than waiting for a table. The CHEESEBURGER SOUP was just as outstanding as I recalled it being. The BLT we split was very good. The prices are a bit high and its a small place, and it was very crowded on this Saturday afternoon. Service was very good.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

Burgers are off the wall you gotta go awesome food fries onion rings mmmmmmmmmmmm only take cash so be prepared never had a better burger in Bflo will go back again and again

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

You walk in and put your name on the chalkboard. The place is always busy but the turnover is reasonable. It’s shoulder to shoulder at the bar but everyone is accommodating. The fact that it was once owned by Grover Cleveland makes it an interesting place to visit. Couples and families and singles all love it here My choice is almost always the burger with cheese over salad greens. I always have enough left over for another meal! The sides, fries, onion rings are tasty. Service is always quick, friendly and efficient.
Remember, Cash only