All reviews room was clean outdoor pool hotel restaurant suny fredonia view of the lake family reunion waffles nice stay short drive new york windjammer band lakefront sam
Reviewed 2 October 2017

in an area with some pretty poor choices, the Clarion is by far the best. Right on the lake, it feels like a vacation even if its a quick trip to visit Fredonia. The breakfast may be average, but the restaurant it is served in is quite attractive. Has a bar and restaurant, and an outdoor pool that seasonally you would actually use. Rooms are fine.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017

We were in Dunkirk for one day and night only. The hotel is about one mile from Point Gratiot where the reunion was held. Reception and cleaning staff were most pleasant. The room was very clean and generally had everything we needed. There were only two sheets of Kleenex in the box. The bed mattress was high on the sides and lower in the middle making us feel like hot dogs in a bun. There was no way to stopper the water in the tub for a bath. Otherwise there were no difficulties. Breakfast consisted of sausage,eggs (hard boiled or scrambled), toast, muffins, waffles, fruit, juice and coffee. Just right for us. The staff were very friendly and cordial. Check-in and out were very smooth.

Room Tip: They have lake and city view rooms in case that makes a difference.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the night, while attending a family function in town. Hotel is clean. Staff was friendly. Hotel is located directly on lake Erie and has great views. There is an outdoor pool and lounge on site. Close to local attractions and easy to get to. Will stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The first room I got, the room was locked and I couldn't get in. The second room I got, the air conditioner didn't work in the middle of the night and I had to move. The third room I got was perfect. Other than these glitches, my room was clean, the mattress was very comfortable and the service was friendly. Breakfast was basic - scrambled eggs and sausage. The only problem I had was in the second room where the air conditioner broke. In addition to that, the blackout drapes did not close fully. Ended up not mattering since I had to move in the middle of the night due to the a/c, but that would have been very bothersome in the morning. Overall, it's a good hotel and I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Check in process went smooth thanks to Rhonda at the front desk! I was in town for a friend's wedding and was pleasantly surprised by the level of hospitality I received while staying there. Keep up the good work!

Side note and nobody's fault; Rooms could be a bit more updated, as far as decor. If you use the billiards room to shoot pool, you'll need to get quarters from the front desk.

Room was clean! Everything in the room worked just fine! If i'm ever in Dunkirk, Ny again, I would pick this place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Amanda A, Public Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.