Clarion Hotel Dunkirk
US$ 101
US$ 91
Angola Motel(Angola)
US$ 95
All reviewsroom was cleanoutdoor poolwindjammer restaurantfamily reunionviews of lake erienice stayshort drivenew yorktim
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for the night, while attending a family function in town. Hotel is clean. Staff was friendly. Hotel is located directly on lake Erie and has great views. There is an outdoor pool and lounge on site. Close to local attractions and easy to get to. Will stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The first room I got, the room was locked and I couldn't get in. The second room I got, the air conditioner didn't work in the middle of the night and I had to move. The third room I got was perfect. Other than these glitches, my room was clean, the mattress was very comfortable and the service was friendly. Breakfast was basic - scrambled eggs and sausage. The only problem I had was in the second room where the air conditioner broke. In addition to that, the blackout drapes did not close fully. Ended up not mattering since I had to move in the middle of the night due to the a/c, but that would have been very bothersome in the morning. Overall, it's a good hotel and I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Check in process went smooth thanks to Rhonda at the front desk! I was in town for a friend's wedding and was pleasantly surprised by the level of hospitality I received while staying there. Keep up the good work!

Side note and nobody's fault; Rooms could be a bit more updated, as far as decor. If you use the billiards room to shoot pool, you'll need to get quarters from the front desk.

Room was clean! Everything in the room worked just fine! If i'm ever in Dunkirk, Ny again, I would pick this place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Amanda A, Public Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel many years ago when it was under different management. I knew the location on Lake Erie was great, and it's close to my sister in Dunkirk, so I chose to stay again, expecting a relaxing overnight stay. As soon as I laid down for some badly needed sleep, the guests in room next door started talking. Apparently, the walls have no soundproofing as I could hear every word! I waited awhile hoping they'd stop, but called the front desk to complain around 1:30 AM. The staff member said they'd ask those guests to be quiet, but a few minutes later, they called me back by mistake. As the talking in the next door room (right by my head) continued, I considered sleeping in my car, parked right in front. Around 3:00 AM, the noise finally stopped. When I got back home, I called the hotel to tell them about my bad experience. I was told "there's nothing they can do about it." No apology was offered.

Room Tip: If you're willing to pay lots of money for a meetup spot on Lake Erie, and don't need to sleep, this is the place.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Amanda A, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced. I've shared your feedback with the front desk associates in particular, so that next time they will handle the situation differently. Additionally, your review has been sent to upper management to ensure property improvements are in the near future. I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfying stay and I am confident that your next stay at our hotel will be a pleasant one.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

It was clean well maintained very busy that should tell you something. The complimentary breakfast was very good lots of choices. I'm not into the band thing but if you are they looked like they were having fun and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family