“Wedding Weekend!”

Clarion Hotel Dunkirk
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dunkirk
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Check in process went smooth thanks to Rhonda at the front desk! I was in town for a friend's wedding and was pleasantly surprised by the level of hospitality I received while staying there. Keep up the good work!

Side note and nobody's fault; Rooms could be a bit more updated, as far as decor. If you use the billiards room to shoot pool, you'll need to get quarters from the front desk.

Room was clean! Everything in the room worked just fine! If i'm ever in Dunkirk, Ny again, I would pick this place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Amanda A, Public Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel many years ago when it was under different management. I knew the location on Lake Erie was great, and it's close to my sister in Dunkirk, so I chose to stay again, expecting a relaxing overnight stay. As soon as I laid down for some badly needed sleep, the guests in room next door started talking. Apparently, the walls have no soundproofing as I could hear every word! I waited awhile hoping they'd stop, but called the front desk to complain around 1:30 AM. The staff member said they'd ask those guests to be quiet, but a few minutes later, they called me back by mistake. As the talking in the next door room (right by my head) continued, I considered sleeping in my car, parked right in front. Around 3:00 AM, the noise finally stopped. When I got back home, I called the hotel to tell them about my bad experience. I was told "there's nothing they can do about it." No apology was offered.

Room Tip: If you're willing to pay lots of money for a meetup spot on Lake Erie, and don't need to sle...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Amanda A, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced. I've shared your feedback with the front desk associates in particular, so that next time they will handle the situation differently. Additionally, your review has been sent to upper management to ensure property improvements are in the near future. I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfying stay and I am confident that your next stay at our hotel will be a pleasant one.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

It was clean well maintained very busy that should tell you something. The complimentary breakfast was very good lots of choices. I'm not into the band thing but if you are they looked like they were having fun and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

For being a hotel on the water servicing events at one of the highest rates I've ever paid at a Choice hotel, I expected way more. We couldn't even get a bite to eat or a drink on returning to the hotel from the local event we participated in as they had closed the restaurant/bar already at 9 (we got there at 9:05) - they recommended a Denny's several miles away... There also was no mini-fridge in the room as described...big problem as I carry medication that must be refrigerated; had to pack it in the ice bucket... Forget relaxing in the pool before bed as that closed at 8. Even the toilet paper was quite a stretching reach from the throne! Not impressed; no need to book here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Amanda A, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Wish I read reviews before now. Notice with the unpleasant remarks, management replies with same response. Out in area for night with my son and when he asks how many stars is this mom that means, "great you picked a good one". First room had stains all over comforter from u know what and then he points out chair that had crap smeared on it. How gross! Second room was ok but now the feeling of things crawling on me. Air conditioner kept me up most of night due to being noisy. Breakfast I give one star and drinks from vending machine or bar $2.00. Pool not heated as it says and thats the only reason I picked this place. Afraid to go in pool for not sure if chemicals properly used and the smell of the dumpsters over powering pool area. Outside eating area smelled as well and could use a power wash. Overall, this place needs a good cleaning.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Queennorton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dunkirk
3.7 km away
24.8 km away
Theater Motel
Theater Motel
#1 of 2 in Westfield

Been to Clarion Hotel Dunkirk? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK