Comfort Inn(Dunkirk)
US$ 73
US$ 78
US$ 70
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 79/night.

Angola Motel(Angola)
US$ 73
US$ 67
All reviewsroom was cleanoutdoor poolhotel restaurantview of the lakefamily reunionnice stayshort drivenew yorkwindjammertim
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel many years ago when it was under different management. I knew the location on Lake Erie was great, and it's close to my sister in Dunkirk, so I chose to stay again, expecting a relaxing overnight stay. As soon as I laid down for some badly needed sleep, the guests in room next door started talking. Apparently, the walls have no soundproofing as I could hear every word! I waited awhile hoping they'd stop, but called the front desk to complain around 1:30 AM. The staff member said they'd ask those guests to be quiet, but a few minutes later, they called me back by mistake. As the talking in the next door room (right by my head) continued, I considered sleeping in my car, parked right in front. Around 3:00 AM, the noise finally stopped. When I got back home, I called the hotel to tell them about my bad experience. I was told "there's nothing they can do about it." No apology was offered.

Room Tip: If you're willing to pay lots of money for a meetup spot on Lake Erie, and don't need to sleep, this is the place.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Amanda A, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and I apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort you experienced. I've shared your feedback with the front desk associates in particular, so that next time they will handle the situation differently. Additionally, your review has been sent to upper management to ensure property improvements are in the near future. I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfying stay and I am confident that your next stay at our hotel will be a pleasant one.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

It was clean well maintained very busy that should tell you something. The complimentary breakfast was very good lots of choices. I'm not into the band thing but if you are they looked like they were having fun and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2017

For being a hotel on the water servicing events at one of the highest rates I've ever paid at a Choice hotel, I expected way more. We couldn't even get a bite to eat or a drink on returning to the hotel from the local event we participated in as they had closed the restaurant/bar already at 9 (we got there at 9:05) - they recommended a Denny's several miles away... There also was no mini-fridge in the room as described...big problem as I carry medication that must be refrigerated; had to pack it in the ice bucket... Forget relaxing in the pool before bed as that closed at 8. Even the toilet paper was quite a stretching reach from the throne! Not impressed; no need to book here again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Amanda A, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Wish I read reviews before now. Notice with the unpleasant remarks, management replies with same response. Out in area for night with my son and when he asks how many stars is this mom that means, "great you picked a good one". First room had stains all over comforter from u know what and then he points out chair that had crap smeared on it. How gross! Second room was ok but now the feeling of things crawling on me. Air conditioner kept me up most of night due to being noisy. Breakfast I give one star and drinks from vending machine or bar $2.00. Pool not heated as it says and thats the only reason I picked this place. Afraid to go in pool for not sure if chemicals properly used and the smell of the dumpsters over powering pool area. Outside eating area smelled as well and could use a power wash. Overall, this place needs a good cleaning.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Queennorton
Reviewed 10 June 2017

Took the Grand Suite with whirlpool. Ran it with bubble bath and all kinds of skin scales appeared on the surface. Totally disgusting. Room was next to the elevator, which was noisy every time someone used it. Bedside drawer had medicine bottles inside forgotten by previous customer. Exercise room was hot. TV didn't work. One treadmill was broken and the other almost threw me off when I started to jog. The belt was loose and dangerous. Restaurant was expensive and my eggplant parmigiana sloppily prepared.

Stayed: June 2017
2  Thank Albarelli
Amanda A, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. I certainly agree that the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel does not represent the level of service we strive to provide. It would have been great to have heard about your comments or concerns during your time with us so that we could attempt to make your stay a more pleasant one. I will share your feedback with upper management, we are committed to ensuring that these problems will not occur again. I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfying stay with us. We hope you will consider this an isolated incident and that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.