All reviews room was clean outdoor pool hotel restaurant suny fredonia view of the lake family reunion waffles nice stay short drive new york windjammer band lakefront sam
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Very basic hotel. Not what it used to be when it was a Sheraton years ago. Best thing about the place is its location. Eat elsewhere if you can as the food in the hotel restaurant is mediocre at best and pricey for what you get.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2017

Stayed at the hotel for only one night but that was enough. The shower curtains in the bathroom had holes in them and there was a big stain in the middle of the floor. I was afraid to even sleep in the bed. The internet was horrible, lost the signal every 2 minutes.

Can't use Amazon Firestick with TV unless you go to the front desk and ask for secondary remote for the TV. Didn't matter anyway as the internet was unreliable.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Amanda A, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Common areas of hotel (both in the lobby and on the guest floors) were covered in large clumps of dried mud not cleaned at all during a three day stay, Wifi is weak and cuts out too frequently to be much use for a business traveler. Front desk staff unable to provide a receipt upon check out (claimed only a manager is able to do that).

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2017

Breakfast was terrible. I went looking for the attendant and could not find her. Could not find a bowel to have cereal. When she surfaced it was nothing but excuses. Room was yucky. Could not enter building near room door was broken. I had to go to Tim Horton's next door to get something edible.

Oh yes and apparently the lobby is where all the staff stand and talk and waste hours of time they could be cleaning the rooms hotel whatever.

Yuck yuck yuck.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Amanda A, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Dunkirk, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2017

Dear Guest,

It is unfortunate to hear that you were unsatisfied with your stay. I am very sorry to hear a bout your experience at our hotel. I agree that the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel does not represent the level of service we strive to provide. It would have been great to have heard about your comments or concerns during your time with us so that we could have attempted to make your stay a more pleasant one. We do hope you will give us a chance to provide you with a superior experience in the near future.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

My husband made reservations for a King room, when he asked for late check out they told him we had to switch to a queen double due to them having only 9 king rooms. My husband had just driven 9 hours so he wasn't in the mood to debate.

The room we were in was horrid!! The carpet smelled, it was Wet! The heat was not adequate and we weren't even on the lake side of hotel. The linens looked like they had been used since the 1960's.

We went to the restaurant in the hotel for dinner, we ordered one of the 2 specials, prime rib smothered with mushrooms over a bed of mashed. It took over 1 1/2 hours to get the meal and the mashed potatoes on husband's plate were ice cold. I asked to have mine separate and never received mine. The waitress apologized and said the kitchen was having problems. Lets just say it was not worth the price, we had to pay extra for a salad and after sitting there waiting so long for dinner I wasn't interested in dessert taking the same amount of time.

My husband conducted a training class at the facility, you would think their sale department would have made sure we were somewhat taken care of. He paid for the room rental and food for 40 people. He set up in the room and then was told they moved him to another room. Where there was a very small old projection screen, he was told they had new ones, but they didn't offer it. Now after over $1,000 spent for his meeting. All I could think was they don't care.

When I went to check out our room rate was the same as the king, I asked and was told by front desk and manager that all rooms were the same rate, I immediately looked on line and "amazingly" they are not. But I wasn't going to pick a fight while my husband was training in next to lobby conference room. How dumb does management think people are, have they never realized people see through their lies. Along with checking rates I also checked that there were still 6 king rooms available when I checked out.

I also want to add don't even believe what they say about their WIFI, if you can even connect, it keeps dropping because their signal anywhere in hotel is way to weak.

If you can stay anywhere else or conduct business anywhere else. DO NOT GO HERE!!

Room Tip: Don't go here if you possibly can find somewhere else.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Rosanne F

Dear Guest,
It is unfortunate to hear that you were unsatisfied with your experience at our hotel. We apologize for failing to exceed your expectations and will use your feedback to ensure that our staff is providing the best service they can and to make any necessary changes.

We do only have 9 standard King Rooms which were all sold the day you checked out. We do have other King Suites that you might have seen on the internet. Check-out is at 11 am and we allowed you to check out late with no extra charge with the agreement that you would need to switch to a standard room. I do apologize that your stay was unsatisfying, we could have switched your room for you had you of asked for a different room, however that was the only room available on the bottom floor as requested. The rates for each room type is different normally, however with the Discounted rate you were given, there is no difference in price between Lake-View, Non-Lake-View, and Standard Kings as it was explained to you upon check-out.

We appreciate the feedback as it provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve the services we offer our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to provide accommodations for you in the future and show you how your remarks were used constructively.