The weekend of the 13th, my girlfriends and I spent the night at Glenora and we stayed in the cottage, which is located at the bottom of the property as you look towards the lake. The cottage itself was very pretty and perfect for the 5 of us. The cottage had linens, cutlery, dinnerware and other amenities you would find in your own home. They even had a complementary bottle of sparkling wine, which was very nice. My only complaint are the mattresses. If you have a bad back and don't like firm beds, the couches are MUCH more comfortable. For the price we paid to stay, you would think they could afford to have comfortable mattresses.
We originally made plans to eat at the restaurant on site, however, we were told that they closed at 8 so instead we decided to eat at a wonderful Italian restaurant in Watkins Glen called Jerlando's Pizza Co. I will write a separate review on that, but the food was wonderful as was the service. I should also mention that with the rental of the cottage we received a complementary wine tasting in the main building.
Overall, I would go back to their winery for their wine, but I would not stay in the cottage again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to one of 30 spacious and inviting guest rooms at The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars, each beautifully appointed with Stickley furniture and brand new pillow top mattresses and box springs. Every room features a private balcony or patio with a view of the vineyard and Seneca Lake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Glenora Wine Cellars Hotel Dundee
- Glenora Inn
- The Inn At Glenora Wine Cellars Dundee, NY - Finger Lakes