See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Last weekend we had the good fortune to find Mt. Knoll Beach Cottages to stay. We were looking for a really nice, quiet weekend amidst the hustle and bustle of the car show in Lake George. The cottages were so nice, extremely clean, and well taken care of. Probably the cleanest that we've ever come across. Mike, the manager/owner was so accommodating to all our needs, he went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. We had an excellent experience and are already talking about returning next year!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank James T
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I first came to Mt Knoll as a young child with my family back in the mid 1960's. We rented a cottage every summer for about 10 years. We have many great memories of our summers at Lake George. After getting married and starting a family I wanted to create those same type of memories with my children. I first took my family to Mt Knoll in 1992 and have not missed a summer since (21 years and counting). Both of my sisters as well as my parents come the same week (we take three cottages) and the whole family gets to spend the week together at the lake. The view of the mountains is breathtaking! One of the best features of Mt Knoll is the large beach and the shallow swimming area; ideal for small children. With only 10 cottages on the property the beach and swim areas are never crowded. They have kayaks, rowboats, shuffleboard, ping pong, volleyball, a jungle gym, swings and a large lawn where we play bocce, kickball, wiffle ball and Frisbee. There is nothing better than a dip in the lake after an early morning walk or an afternoon volleyball game. At night we cook hot dogs and marshmallows lakeside by the fire. We look forward to seeing the same families return year after year. Lake George Village is only 3 miles to the south; be sure to get an ice cream from Fat Willies after mini golf or go carts. Bolton Landing is only 10 minutes to the north; be sure to visit Dave's Market in the morning if you are looking for a good bakery and the Algonquin for lunch or dinner on the lake. We have seen three generations of the same family own the property. Michael, the current owner, lives on the property and takes exceptional care of every guest as well as the cottages, the grounds and the beach area. He is always accessible, extremely accomodating and very friendly. On the day we leave my daughters start a countdown to the day we return. Thank you to the Chimiak family for sharing Mt Knoll with us for all these years!!

Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 27 June 2012

i've stayed here with my family over the years the hosts were great but cabin 9 needs a real deep cleaning of the carpets after we took showers our feet were black from the bathroom into the bedrooms not good sorry otherwise all other years was good.

Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed the week of August 13, 2011. What a great stay. Not much to dislike at Mt Knoll - great location on Lake George with countless activitiy opportunities at your fingertip on and off property. Mike the the caretaker couldn't have been friendlier - "pride in ownership" is evident in how he deals with the residents.

Date of stay: August 2011
1  Thank William D
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My family stayed the week after July 4th. We stayed in cabin 5 with a million dollar view of the lake. 2 bedroms and a small kitchen. Mike is an excellent host and makes sure that all are comfortable and no one interrupts the harmony. We have a 9yr old son and Mike was great at introducing our son and us to other long term returning guests. We loved the campfire - had smores. My husband & son caught a ton of fish from the cottages rowboat right in front of the hote. Mike's Dad helped show my husband how to filet since we NEVER catch fish.... We rented from Yankee marina a bowrider for some tubing and fishing. Fantastic vacation for the price. We also went horseback riding down the street. You can see the lake from the trails. Met a bunch of great folks from CT and some from New York Long Island. We all had a great time. Was wonderful. Thanks for the memories Mike & friends ~

The only negatives are:
* Poor WiFi service. Hubby couldn't log on to work computer. Guess this makes you have a REAL vacation from work :)

* No Verizon phone service within a mile up the street and down the street. Only got Verizon in the boat on the lake.

* The futons are too thin to be used as couches. Really uncomfortable.

The PROS :)
* You really catch fish!
* the row boat !
* campfires
* ping pong & shuffle board. Our son had a great time!
* Water and beach are immaculate! No dirty birds here :)
* Having a functioning kitchen.
* A host who really is committed to everyone's happiness!
* location is fantastic - not too far from the village.
*Close to horseback riding stables
* Close to marina to rent boats and jet skis

Date of stay: July 2011