All reviewsstayed heremain stnew ownerspleasant stayfree breakfastreceptionistdinersummer
Reviewed 1 August 2017

If you are looking for that quaint motel off the beaten path and in a nice area, well THIS AIN'T IT!

I reserved and paid for a room one year in advance. Little did I know that below the rooms that you see from the road, and behind what you see from the road, is a lower level - and I do mean lower. When I checked in everything went smoothly as I was told how to get to the lower level. When I walked into the room it reeked from stale cigarette smoke. I was able to change the room to the room next door due to a cancellation (I was told). I can only guess why they cancelled. The sheets on the bed looked like they had not been changed in some time as the bed was a mess of wrinkled sheets and did not look fresh. With the sound of foot steps and music until midnight, as well as my disappointment with the room, I did not get a good night sleep.

When I left at 5:30 am I noticed that there were rooms on the street level portion that did not have any cars parked so I assumed that there were vacant rooms available. I called later to ask why I was the only one in the lower level and I was told that a wedding party had secured the upper level and the reason for no cars was that they got in late around 1 am. Strange that there were no cars there when I left at 5:30 am. Glad I did not stick around for the "breakfast" that was not served until 8 am. What looked to be a nice place from the on-line pictures turned out to be a nightmare.

Never again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Teddyballgame999
Shirly C, Manager at Buena Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Hello,

We are very sorry for the unpleasant stay that you had. We as new owners have renovated all upper rooms and are slowly in the process of renovating the lower level rooms. Unfortunately the weekend you stayed , we were booked on the upper level by a wedding party. We take criticism very seriously and assure you we are making steady progress in renovating the entirety of the inn. We hope that you will be back to try our upper level rooms until the renovations in the lower level are complete as many of our guests enjoyed them.

Thank you for your cooperation and feedback

Reviewed 10 May 2017

Stayed here last week to visit a couple buddies, overall great place. Very classic feel, good wifi , free breakfast, receptionist recommended great Japanese restaurant in town, would highly recommend. Will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Alex-Jerry-Managers-, Owner at Buena Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Thank you Mike for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate input from our guests so we as management can do a better job in accommodating our guests. We hope to continue our work for the inn so that your next stay will be better than the last. Thanks again!

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Stayed here last year for alumni weekend and did not have a good time staying, but this time was much different. I see the new owners have done a lot of renovations and it definitely is paying off. Stayed here for a few nights with no problems what so ever. I read that there was overpowering cleaning smell but that wasn't the case when I came in. The new Owners Jerry and Alex told me that they changed their cleaning products so the room I stayed in smelled very pleasant. Great to know that they take their customer feedback seriously. Will be back in the summer.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Alex-Jerry-Managers-, Owner at Buena Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate input from our guests so we as management can do a better job in accommodating our guests. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 27 February 2017

After reading the bad reviews here--on several recent trips to Delhi I drove an hour extra to stay in Phoenicia b/c there's just nowhere else to stay in Delhi, which is crazy. Finally we decided to give this place a try since we wanted to at long last spend an evening in Delhi and not have to drive home. It's a pretty good location--kind of a long dark walk if you don't want to drive into town (drink at PICCs--local, good fun). The new owners of the Buena Vista Motel are clearly new to the hotel trade. It looks like they are trying and learning as they go. I think the desire to be good is there. Until they get their sea legs, it's best to see the room before you book. They are renovating the whole place slowly so some rooms are much better than others. I didn't like the overpowering cleaner smell in one room so asked to see another. It kinda feels like a college kid's dorm. This motel is not for anyone who cannot overlook that. Breakfast was simple continental norm (several cereals, juice, coffee, toast...). The management I interacted with were very very nice. Room rates are inexpensive.

Room Tip: Ask to see rooms first--they differ in quality.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DGrae
Alex-Jerry-Managers-, Manager at Buena Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We always appreciate input from our guests so we as management can do a better job in accommodating our guests. Especially thanks in pointing out particular flaws in our rooms. We are now using a much better cleaning system to give our rooms a fresh smell rather than cleaner smell. Thanks again!

Reviewed 23 January 2017

This hotel has the distinction of being one of the worst one's I've ever been in. Room #115 reeked of the cleaner/disinfectant so bad I needed an inhaler to breathe. Couldn't really tell that the mis-matched, antique bedding and towels were even clean. Quite a time to get warm water for a shower and the neighbors bathroom fan sounded like a jet engine in the walls. No hair dryer. The sofa was old and stained with the legs off of it sitting on the floor...

I am not sure I even want to know about all the people coming and going all night in the room below me, the furniture moving around and the party noises. Never again will I choose a place like this out of convenience!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Alex-Jerry-Managers-, Manager at Buena Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

We are sincerely and respectfully sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our inn. We are still doing improvements to our inn so we will take everything you have said into account as it will greatly benefit us. We hope you can come again when our improvements are 100% finished. Thanks