“Nice quaint hotel near town”
Review of Buena Vista Inn

Buena Vista Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Delhi B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 September 2016

The rooms are nice and clean, the ones in the front look like they were recently renovated. The manager was very polite and helpful and he was able to direct me wherever I needed to go in town (I'm not from the area so I had no idea where anything is)...the maids were polite and did a great job cleaning the room. The parking area was well-kept and the lobby is nice, the fish pond gives a cool effect. I would stay here again, the price is definitely worth it.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front appear to be more modern. They also have a full cottage for rental.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Alex-Jerry-Managers-, Owner at Buena Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We as the new owners recently finished renovations on our front 15 rooms of the Inn. We are delighted to hear that our hard work is paying off!

We will continue to work hard to meet our guests hospitality needs. We are always open to recommendations in order to increase the overall standard of our Inn. Thanks.

Reviewed 6 September 2016

A very nice place the manager was very nice and helpful. I didn't know the area well and he was more than happy to help me out. Also, the rooms look like they were recently renovated and the maids where very polite and kept the rooms clean.

Room Tip: The rooms up in the front are very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

And yes, we did recently renovate our front rooms. We are no longer offering rooms in the back as they are not up to our standards yet. We as the new owners are very glad that our work is paying off! I will pass on the compliment to our maid as well.

Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed at the Buena Vista Inn for an overnight stay in order to attend the SUNY Delhi freshman orientation.

Room was nice and clean. Beds were clean, as as well as the bathroom.

It gets very dark outside. We ordered pizza for delivery. Most rooms are on the first floor.

The breakfast was nice. Cereal, oat meal, bread, tea, coffee, orange juice and milk.

Staff were friendly. It would be nice to have a 24/7 front desk clerk. The staff leave at around 10pm.

The wifi was kinda weak. It would connect but wouldnt hold a stable connection. It seems that the access point they are using is a router located by the front desk in the breakfast area. I would suggest maybe putting an AP out in the hallway closer to the rooms to improve the connection. The wifi can come in handy since cellular service isnt very strong. Even my tmobile and verizon phones were picking up spotty coverage. So I would say a stronger wifi at the Buena Vista Inn Motel is needed.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank terryjohnson16
JerryThomas92, Manager at Buena Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

We will work on getting better wifi coverage throughout the rooms, thanks for the tip!

Reviewed 24 October 2015

The room at Buena Vista was cozy, simple, and a pleasant stay for one evening. My boyfriend and I spent a Thursday evening here for the purpose of visiting SUNY Delhi, a five minute drive away. The rooms are a little dated, but has basically everything you need (full closet for hanging garments, iron). The bathroom is equipped with soap and packets of shampoo, but be sure to bring your own hair dryer. The bed was spacious and comfortable.

They have breakfast in the morning, but we didn't participate in it, but I did see cereal, oatmeal, and coffee.

My only complaint was that they wifi didn't work at all; there must have been a problem during our stay. So doing any kind of work here was impossible - just a heads up. I have Verizon, so I didn't have service at all. My boyfriend has AT&T, so he was fine.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aminuteAWAYx
JerryThomas92, Manager at Buena Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Thanks for your input. We changed the wifi and it works great now, thanks.

Reviewed 16 October 2015

We were working the Taste of the Catskills Festival down the road. The choice was a local spot or a 35 minute drive up to Oneonta for a name brand chain. Sure the chain hotels were a bit fancier, the rooms would be bigger. Truth be told, after a 10 hour day at the Festival, I wanted a local meal and a short drive to my bed. This served the purpose. Could this place use bit of sprucing up? Sure, but I've seen plenty of name brand places that could as well. The room I was in was small, but it had all I needed. A decent WIFI signal, a desk with adequate light, a working bathroom with a clean shower, clean unstained sink and decent hot water, clean towels. You can keep your fancy soaps and mini shampoo/rinse/lotion bottles - I bring my own wherever I go, so the fact that they were absent here was of no consequence to me.The heating system worked, there were no peculiar odors, the bed was a bit squeaky but I awoke without a backache which is a great plus for me. The breakfast is really not a breakfast - enough to keep you from starving but not a breakfast. Head to the Delhi Diner instead. I'd certainly stay again.

Stayed: October 2015
1  Thank fscott45
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delhi
23.5 km away
22.2 km away
Margaretville Mountain Inn
Margaretville Mountain Inn
#1 of 2 in Margaretville

Been to Buena Vista Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK