Buena Vista Inn
US$ 111
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area(Oneonta)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
US$ 86
Travelocity
Clarion Hotel(Oneonta)
US$ 114
US$ 91
Hampton Inn Oneonta(Oneonta)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
US$ 133
Motel 88(Oneonta)
US$ 80
US$ 176
Travelocity
All reviewschain hotelnew ownersrooms are cleanpleasant staysmall townfree breakfastreceptionistsummer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I had to visit Delhi for a funeral so I reserved a room the day before traveling. The reviews I read were not good, but my guess is the owners are not the ones noted for rude offensive behavior in years past. They were very pleasant.
Pros - location, location, location - one mile up the hill out of downtown Delhi. I believe it is the only motel in town. You could walk to downtown if you had to. Room was clean.
Cons - eat breakfast somewhere else. Couple good diners in downtown Delhi.
Comments - shower was very, very warm, but not hot. It was OK. All rooms are non-smoking, but it must have been a smoking room in the past. It lingers. No pets allowed. $77 total for a single. Not cheap, but you can save yourself from driving all those mountainous and/or winding roads that deliver you to/from the boonies of Delhi. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We needed an overnight place to crash in Delhi. For that purpose, this was a good enough choice.

Located on Route 28---probably the major route through this region---it got highway noise, but that dies down at night, presenting no problems for a restful night. The location is otherwise convenient to the town center of Delhi, although it is not walking distance.

The rooms are clean and adequate. The free continental breakfast was also adequate. The management---it appeared to be family owned and operated---was friendly and helpful.

Bottom line: a good choice for an overnight, but not the type of place you want to plan your vacation around. Delhi is one of the more scenic towns in this region, and well worth an exploration (it's an actual town with a quaint center and a few things to do, unlike some of the smaller villages in this region).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

After staying here 10 years ago for college reunions. My husband and I thought nothing of staying at the Buena Vista. However we must not have put In to account how inebriated we were in the past. This place is a flat out dump!!
I will preface with the service was very nice an accommodating for our late arrival. However that's were it ends.
1. Walked into room smelled like an old smokers home, with chemical paint fumes to try and cover up( not comforting when you have 17month old with you).
2. Pillows smell lime old sweat
3. We froze all night since we needed the window open for fresh air. But the heat wouldn't turn on to warm us up in am.
4. Stained towels
5. Shower is stained, small and not recommend for anyone over 5ft tall d/t shower heads lack of hight
6. Holes in walls and liquid stains on them
7. Breakfast consisted of moldy English muffins, coffee & oj. So McDonalds for breaki it was.
So unless your a college kid on a budget and are inebriated so you won't remember your stay. I would not recommend this place unless serious renovations take place. They did do the exterior which looks very nice. But obviously lost the "home away from home" feel o. The interior.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank Roxyjbb
JerryThomas92, Owner at Buena Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

I'm sorry for your unpleasant stay.
We are the new owners of the motel, we purchased this place May of 2016. We are currently working on a major renovation project to modernize our motel and hope to be done by July of 2016. We have also updated the WiFi. Customer satisfaction is and always will be our #1 priority. Thanks for your input.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

I came here with my brother for a friend's wedding. About all I can say this place has going for it, is that it's quiet, it's clean, and the staff is really nice. Other than that: ....

1. Our first room smelled. When I went to open the (very old) window, it fell forward onto me. I caught the frame of it before I could get hurt and they gave us another room.
2. The bathtub took about 15 minutes to drain after a shower. Not cool when you're in a time crunch. Nothing like standing in the ankle-deep dirty water of your brother's shower. Eww.
3. Our blankets - while clean - had holes in them that had been patched up. I mean...I guess it's good they were patched, but yuck! Buy some new blankets!
4. The lighting in the bathroom sucks and there is no counter stop to speak of. Things kept falling onto the floor or into the sink because we had our toiletries delicately balanced on the edge of the sink.
5. I almost fell off the toilet because the seat wasn't bolted all the way on.
6. And, yes, continental breakfast consisted of toast, orange juice, coffee, tea, and 2 kinds of powdery semi-old cereal. I was glad that I still had fruit left over from our drive down.

We stayed here because the other hotels were full. It was better than sleeping in the car, I guess, but I wouldn't stay here again. Not nearly worth the $110 a night we paid.

Room Tip: Tell them you want a room where the window dooesn't fall off.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank AnnoftheWorld

We are the new owners of the motel, we purchased this place May of 2016. We are currently working on a major renovation project to modernize our motel and hope to be done by July of 2016. We are getting new windows installed in each room. We have also updated the WiFi. Thanks for your input.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

I stayed here over a weekend in March. The room was nicely decorated and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And the free breakfast was a treat. It's just a mile from the village.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple