“Home away from home in Cooperstown”
Review of The Barnwell Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooperstown
The Barnwell Inn
Ranked #8 of 29 Cooperstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed at The Barnwell Inn for four nights this September. Tara and Mark Barnwell were excellent hosts and very accommodating. They are also very knowledgeable and helpful. When we made our reservations, Tara shared information about the local hospital so that we could make arrangements for my husband's dialysis treatments while we were there (the hospital is a stone’s throw from the inn). Their advice regarding area attractions and restaurants was spot-on. The two of them are incredibly friendly. If I didn’t know better, I’d have thought I was visiting relatives in Cooperstown.
The house itself was warm and inviting. We stayed in the downstairs suite, which consisted of a sitting room, bedroom and bathroom. Our sitting room had a television, refrigerator and a door out to a private porch where we ate lunch one sunny afternoon. The bathroom, which was updated in recent years, was roomy and a hair dryer was provided. Overall, the rooms were clean and cozy. Off-street parking is provided.
To elaborate more on the pair being accommodating: My husband has special dietary needs and they went out of their way to prepare something for him (a no-sugar added apple tart was YUMMY). As others have noted, The Barnwell Inn will spoil you with their breakfasts. Breakfasts are served at 8:30 am on weekdays and 9:00 am on weekends. Breakfast there is more than muffins and scones---way, way, way more. We put on a few pounds eating their breakfasts alone. Each day was an egg dish (quiche, for example), bacon, fresh biscuits, a fruit platter, and a dessert each day (we had an apple tart, peach cobbler, cheesecake, and French toast-like cake). Warning: You'll need to walk off that breakfast! Unfortunately, the inn is only a few short blocks from Main Street, where you can go to the Hall of Fame, Doubleday Field, and shopping—so you might want to jog to burn more calories.
Overall, we enjoyed ourselves immensely and would recommend that you consider staying at The Barnwell Inn if your vacation plans include Cooperstown.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AJA999

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We originally planned to stay two nights. However, due to Hurricane Irene our vacation was extended by two days when all roads out of Cooperstown were flooded. Under normal circumstances these two days would have been viewed with intrepidation. But it was the warmth of our hosts, Tara and Mark, that made an uncertain experience an extremely pleasurable one. The breakfasts were phenomenal; all home-made. The accommodations were first rate. Even when we knew the roads to NY were finally opened, we still did not want to leave.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed 21 August 2011

After staying here with my wife back in May, I brought my son on a pilgrimage to the Baseball HoF and we stayed with Mark and Tara Barnwell again. Just like last time, the hospitality was awesome, with the Barnwells being some of the friendliest people you could ever meet. Everyone here raves about the breakfast, and rightfully so, but the wonderful company and conversation that we share with Mark and Tara is what keeps bringing us back. Of course, the accommodations are wonderfully comfortable and a convenient walk to everything of note in Cooperstown. Stay here and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank GDRWalkers
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I took my husband to Cooperstown for his 75th birthday. He's LOVES baseball! I checked TripAdvisor and found great reveiws of the Barnwell Inn. We had never stayed at a B & B and decided to try it. What an incredible experience! Wonderfully elegant but homey environment. Tara is the perfect hostess and Mark's breakfasts are soooo delicious. We've been spoiled for any other B & B because Barnwell Inn was so fantastic. Stay here if you're in Cooperstown for the Hall of Fame or the Glimmerglass Festival.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2011

What a wonderful, relaxing, B&B. Mark & Tara were very accomodating to our baseball schedule. I loved that I was only 2 blocks away from downtown so I could walk everywhere while my husband and son were at the Dreams Park. The Inn was very clean and you can' t beat the breakfast! Fresh fruit, homemade biscuits, gormet egg dishes and always something for your sweet tooth.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family