“The best dining experience. Must go!”

Restaurant X & Bully Boy Bar
Reserve a table
Fri, 26/02
20:00
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Congers
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 45
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

If you like a restaurant with a great atmosphere, and amazing service, with incredible food such as the beff Wellington this is the place to go. After a sumptuous meal at Restaurant X you may enjoy a choice of various different delicious deserts such as cheese cake, creme brûlée, chocolate moose and, much more to enjoy. There is also a nice bar in the restaurant that have amazing drinks. You will be greeted by the chef and the staff that are very welcoming to there costumers. Restaurant X is a restaurant that I will strongly recommend to go to. I will tell you every meal I have there I am always left satisfied.

Date of visit: January 2021
Write a reviewReviews (320)

Reviewed 19 November 2020

We had dinner last night during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week. We dine here on many occasions but I have to say after dining at many restaurants during Restaurant Week, this is by far the best. The service, the menu and the quality can’t be beat. Kudos to Chef Kelly.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 17 February 2020

We just came from the best brunch either of us has ever attended. From walking in and being greeted by Chef Kelly to the professional staff to an 18 course meal. The food was outstanding and the endless Champagne was the perfect go with. Kate and I had a wonderful Valentine brunch. Thank you, Restaurant X.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 20 January 2020

I can't believe anyone would give this brunch 5 stars. Besides being packed in so you can't leave your seat, the filthy stains on every chair in the room and the horrendous bathroom, I'll now discuss the food and service... Reservation for 10, table set for 9, well sort of, if you count that 5 of the 9 settings had no forks or champagne glasses which we had to ask for many times. Got forks by the 3rd course and champagne glasses (brunch includes unlimed champagne, if you have glasses to drink it) an hour later. Servers seem to be annoyed that we asked for forks and glasses, so they were quite unhappy when we asked to have all 10 glasses of champagne filled as we were to make a toast. Food was plentiful but subpar. I hear dinner is spectacular, I can't see anyone recommending this $50 brunch. So disappointing.
Front of house was wonderful, however.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 9 January 2020

I was so excited to come here for my birthday brunch as friends and family had always talked about how great the food was. Unfortunately, my experience was less than satisfying. We had some last minute cancellations which led to my group size dropping from 10 to 6 people. Understanding this would be an inconvenience to the restaurant and hoping to free up space for other parties, I called ahead to provide notice, but upon arrival, my party was sat at a huge round table which made it difficult for us to converse.

We had a vegan in our group who made it known to the servers but unfortunately, they did not seem to understand and kept offering her the dishes containing meat and dairy. We finally spoke to the manager about this who somewhat rudely informed us that we should have made this known earlier. I thought informing the waitstaff would have been enough, but I guess not. So, my friend sat and watched everyone else eat for about 20 minutes with nothing on her plate. This review gets 2 stars due to the waitstaffs' one and only member who began bringing her vegan food after about 20 minutes. For a regularly scheduled brunch, I was shocked at how poorly equipped and slow the restaurant was to accommodate her needs. The food was tasty but for the price was nothing special. Scallops were overcooked and the waitstaff was uninformed about what they were serving. For example, I asked if there was cheese in the mushroom ravioli and was met with the response, "I don't know." When I worked in restaurants, the proper response would have been "I don't know but let me check on that for you."

Overall, I was let down. I would not recommend this brunch for groups with dietary restrictions as clearly the staff was not prepared to handle them. Also, I would recommend including two price points: one for those who drink and one for those who don't.

Date of visit: December 2019