“My favorite restaurant ”

Restaurant X & Bully Boy Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant X & Bully Boy Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Congers
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 45
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Always a fabulous meal and fantastic service. My favorite meal anywhere- the seared ahi tuna. Oysters are always fresh and super cold. No place better for a special dinner or celebration.

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Beautiful place, that was about it, service terrible had a waiter a young kid Ariel who told us it was his first day.... Definitely not held against him but probably shouldn't have said that, he never came to see if everything was right ...It wasn't three of us ordered the pan seared chicken it was not edible.
Tasted like it was thrown in a pot and boiled..Had our waiter returned I would have sent it back.
Took 20 minutes to get our check. Incidentally 90% of the wait staff were prob under 20 yrs old...This is a high upscale restaurant that is over priced..
Not returning!

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Been here several times for the Sunday Brunch but this time I had an evening dinner with friends. Everything: friendliness, service, food, were wonderful as usual. I had the salmon and it was prepared perfectly. Our server was Ariana, she was so attentive and caring. There was one little hitch regarding one persons meal but one of the owners, Ned and the general manager, Jennifer, quickly went out of their way to correct the issue. It was no big deal to begin with but they wanted to be sure we were absolutely satisfied, and we were. They truly went beyond anything I have ever experienced. This alone assured that I and my friends will return time and time again. In fact, we booked another brunch in April. Restaurant X is worth visiting for a terrific brunch or evening experience.

2  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 18 March 2017

It's been over a month since our last time there. I am still saddened about how the night turned out. It was to be a special dinner party for my husband's birthday. They seated us in a corner in the smallest room. Our waiter was not as experienced as we are accustomed. Repeatedly, we had to ask for more rolls. Finally, we were told that they were still in the oven. Fortunately, the food was delicious. However, after we finished our meal, our waiter seemed to have disappeared. We waited a very long time until we got the wrong bill! We again waited a long time for the corrected bill. (We were told they were having computer problems.) As compensation, the manager offered us drinks next time. I wrote a letter to Mr. Kelly, who was in the kitchen that night. However, I have not received any response. I am very sorry to say that we will no longer patronize Restaurant X for our family celebrations.

2  Thank Luv2go2spas
Reviewed 18 March 2017

This place has a stellar name and a long standing good reputation but things have changed. It is all smoke and mirrors now. Poor manager (if any) for sure. Untrained inappropriate staff who's idea of good service is to bother you and intrude on your dining experience that you are paying dearly for. The food ! Well the first course was a mushroom custard which was delish however it wasn't hot enough. My Duck Confit was the worst I ever had soggy skin old and tough and obviously microwaved. Creme Brulee was heavy and ice cold. An overall hugely disappointing experience and a waste of money. Will never go there again there are so many other wonderful places to go. Skip this place!

1  Thank jvdNewYork