“More than a corner bar and grille”

Whistling Willie's American Grill
Ranked #15 of 27 Restaurants in Cold Spring
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2018

My wife and I stopped for a late lunch today. We were pleasantly surprised with the customer service by the hostess and waitress. Both were very attentive. We sat outside on the sidewalk porch area. The place is located on a busy street intersection, so there some road noise. We selected a great local beer. My wife ordered the Smother Mother burger. It was cooked to her liking, the burger was plentiful for the hungriest of hungry people. Included in the meal, was a petite serving of Cole slaw, as well as, a small but flavorful side of fries. I went with the suggestion of our waitress, ordering the wings. They were cooked to perfection. with just the right amount of sauce on them, and coated with fresh sesame seeds. The wings were hearty with lots of meat on them. The wings were done so that the meat was moist, and over cooked. A nice cold beer rounded out the wings. We were two happy campers when we finished. The food was priced smartly. The restrooms could use an update and remodel, however, they were functional. I would recommend a stop at Whistling Willie's while in Cold Springs.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We are locals.. so we've been here several time, for a drink or two. On a Monday night, we walk in at 9:03 pm. " Kitchen is closed ". Is how we are greeted!! ( no worries we are just in for a drink or 2.) Cash on the bar we order our drinks , the bar tender takes the money ($20 was put down ). Then one more drink and a glass of water was ordered. At 10:40 we ordered one more drink.. being told last call was already called?? We must have missed it. Then the guy sitting next to us tried to order a drink, he too is informed last call was called!! Crazy none of us heard.!! There was maybe a Total of 8 people at the bar!!!! We get up to leave... are out the door and the bartendver comes running after us to say we didn't pay out tab... WTF!! She never said the money on the bar didn't cover the bill. ( which if she had said last call we would have know!!)
POOR BARTENDER .. AND I HATE TO BE SEXIST ( I'm a female). BUT FEMALE BARTENDER AT THIS BAR SUCK!!! The only good female tender they have is Maria.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Good old American style pub with an extended menu. Great burgers and fun to have the popcorn with the flavor of the day added. I think families should be leaving no later than 930 as the bar atmosphere begins to take over. A gauranteed good burger.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 9 December 2017

Not only do these guys serve the most amazing burgers, but they are the kindest and most accommodating as well. The Smother Mother burger and beer that I had tasted so good after I had completed the mother of all hikes in the local are (also highly recommended!). When I left in a food coma after the last lunch I left my brand new running shoes behind. Calling them next day in a panic as I was flying back to London the next day they were so kind and agreed to arrange box the shoes label the shoes for me so I could arrange for shipping. One of the best moments of the year. Thank you, you lovely people.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I wouldn't eat their food, but I don't suppose there's anything wrong with it. On the odd occasion a good band plays, you can hear some good music. Otherwise, the place is rather bland, with little enviance. Bartenders weren't too attentive to a single customer - more interested in phones and TV.

Date of visit: April 2017