All reviews west point the ny strip steak great inn charming town included breakfast beacon
Reviewed 24 August 2017

My wire wanted an inn right on the Hudson River very hard to find,I found this inn a little pricy at 200-225 per night but the views were beautiful. Breakfast is included but a very limited menu. The inn offers no help with the area as far as local town maps or any brochures which I feel would be helpful. The inn itself could use a little work newer and bigger a/c united in the rooms it does seem a little run down,could use some brightening up If you want a view this is for you ,if you overlook a few thing

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bob C
Reviewed 22 August 2017

The only good thing about this place is its location right on the river and its outside. We stayed here because we had walked past at previous visits to Cold Spring and it always looked so charming. Well, it does not look anything like it inside. I have to admit, I was shocked to see the interior which resembles that of an outdated old-fashioned guest house. Our room on the second floor was in a condition that I would have usually paid no more than $80 for (instead the rate was $200). The bed was so soft that it bulged in the middle. The lamp shades were tilted, the curtain old, cheap and brown, the TV ancient, the a/c window unit was super noisy, everything felt shabby. The bathroom looked like it had last been updated in 1960. The sink was super low, the towels basically falling apart. The only thing prepared with love was the folded toilet tissue. I still cannot believe that they can charge $200 for a night at a place in this condition. It had absolutely nothing charming about it. The staff was not exactly rude but not friendly either, actually rather indifferent. There was nothing that would have made you think that anyone actually cared about making sure that guests felt at home and had an enjoyable stay. For breakfast, instead of having a buffet, you have to choose from a number of options - another thing I thought was inappropriate given the rates. We have stayed in other B&Bs in the Hudson Valley, which were all run with a lot of care and love for the detail and I would prefer them 100 times over this place. I don't know what I found more shocking, the state of the place or the fact that it's in this perfect location and nobody feels like they should invest in it to turn it into something that would bring out the beauty and value of a historic house and justify the rates. We will never come back here and I highly recommend you don't waste your money staying here. I very rarely leave two star reviews but this one is absolutely justified.

Room Tip: Stay at another place
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2017

This was such a pleasant dining surprise, sitting on the east bank of the Hudson with an awesome view of the river and mountains. Our group of 11 were seated overlooking the river. As soon as we were seated our water glasses were filled and menus offered. Drink orders taken while we studied the great selection of lunch favorites. Something for everyone it seemed. Service (by Annie) was excellent. Food delivered timely to all, important for a group of 11, and all agreed their selection was delicious. Creme Brûlée for dessert topped of an outstanding luncheon!

Room Tip: We didn't stay at hotel, but had lunch in the restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Hudson House always has a flat rate meal deal or a house special deal which is fairly priced. And celebrating my girlfriend's birthday there was a special celebration. and the sunsets are always nice out on the Terrace.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

A great little place on the river. Everyone was super nice from checking in to having our breakfast. Room #13 was small but the bed was super comfy. Old school box TV (but we were not there to watch TV so no problem with that); window AC unit and ceiling fan kept the room nice an cool. Breakfast was included and we had a great view of the river sitting outside. Delicious start to the day.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor; no elevator. #13 very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple