“Charming trip back in time”
Review of Hudson House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cold Spring
Hudson House Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Cold Spring B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My husband and I combined a business trip with "couple time" and were looking for somewhere other than a chain hotel for our time alone. Reading mixed reviews nearly made us eliminate this inn, but we were so glad that we gave it a chance! First, be aware that this is a HISTORIC inn...meaning it is old, charming, and you will not find flat screen televisions, central a/c, and wireless connection. You WILL find courteous and attentive staff, very comfortable beds, clean rooms, a stunning view of the Hudson River and West Point, a delicious breakfast (included) that you can order off the menu, and a plethora of cute shops and restaurants to while away your leisure time. If you like experiencing the hospitality of times past, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: River facing rooms have best view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 August 2011

I did not stay here myself, as I live in Cold Spring. However, I joined a colleague who stayed here for a sumptious dinner. Sat on the porch overlooking the Hudson. It was on the expensive side, so we were thankful for our expense accounts! But everything we had was wonderful. The report on the hotel rooms was not good. I saw the room myself- it was in bad need of sprucing up. The shower needed grouting. I was embarassed as I had recommended it as a place to stay.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This B&B is the best located in Cold Spring, within walking distance of everything. The staff was absolutely wonderful! Mina, the manager, was friendly, helpful, and very hard-working! When my friend experienced an upset stomach, Mina couldn't do enough to help - including bringing her glasses of ginger ale and finding bagels and bread (even when the kitchen was closed). The building is historic. Most everything is updated, though there are traces of times gone by (perfectly adequate TVs are the old box style, not flat screens). Very clean and quiet.

Complimentary breakfasts were served by friendly, cheerful staff, and were delicious and filling (and healthy!). The lunch menu is varied and we had lunch on the outdoor porch overlooking the Hudson River and town gazebo, watching couples and children playing in the park. Our meals were delicious and beautifully presented.

Mina knows the area very well and gave us excellent information and suggestions as to what to do in the vicinity. When we returned from entertaining theater at Boscobel, she helped us find a restaurant that was open late (it was mid-week, so many places closed by 9 pm).

This is not a Ritz-Carlton, but a charming B&B, so you should expect homey, comfortable appointments. The queen bed was comfortable and so were the pillows. There is a window air conditioner in the room, which cools off pretty quickly.

Prices are competitive and reasonable, especially in light of the included breakfast.

If you want a lovely getaway to a charming inn and an even more charming town, this is the place. Be advised that many stores are not open mid-week, even during the summer.

Room Tip: Riverview is lovely
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I felt compelled to write a review because I am an avid traveler and scour sites such as these often to find the "real" deal. This bed and breakfast was perfect.

Location: right on the river (unlike the other B&B's in town)
Accommodation: White sheets, white towels, clean bathrooms, firm bed, perfect temperature
Breakfast: varied selection from cold cereal to eggs to waffles (all good!)
Price: I read the reviews that claim this place is overpriced and nothing better than a Motel 8. Completely untrue. The price is comparable to every other B&B in town and as I said before, it is the only one on the river. It is a bit expensive, just as the others are, but it's because it's in the lower Hudson valley which is a very desirable locale.

Overall, this place was amazing. The management was kind, courteous, helpful, and made our stay very pleasant. I scouted out the other Bed & Breakfasts in town and I really thought I had made the right choice.

I hope you enjoy your stay and I highly recommend Le Bouchon (French) and Willie's (American) for great food!

Remember, this is a bed and breakfast and not a Hilton, so you will get some history and character with your stay. It won't be a sterile; it will have charm!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Sagging bed that actually creaks. Not worth it and wouldn't recommend. Cold Spring is lovely so find somewhere else to stay. But, the cops are ticketing parkers and checking inspection stickers. We saw them doing it in a parking lot of a popular restaurant. Preying on tourists bringing money in is obnoxious.
Go to Lennox Ma where the parking is unrestricted and nicer inns

• Stayed: October 2010
13.6 km away
Hampton Inn Fishkill
Hampton Inn Fishkill
#1 of 14 in Fishkill

Been to Hudson House Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK