“Great food, great view”

Riverview Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Cold Spring
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 4 November 2018

Recently hosted a group luncheon at Riverview and had a great time! The food is always good there, and the menu was well chosen. The dishes were fresh and served hot, which was especially nice on a rainy, dreary day. Despite the mist and fog the view of the river and mountain was lovely. The staff was very helpful, pleasant, and accommodating. They prepared a special dish for a child with a special request. Orders and drinks were served in a timely fashion. Several guests (local and visitors) said they would like to go to this restaurant again. I certainly will!

I recommend anything on the menu, really, but have had excellent seafood, fish and pasta dishes. The tiramisu was perfect.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Riverview is a local favorite, and consistently the best meal in town. Freshest food, consistently the best meal! Closed Monday. Open Tuesday to Sunday for Lunch and Dinner. Wednesday is Pizza Night, Reservations are generally a good idea on the weekends! Great food! Great Staff! and a nice view, North of the Hudson River, Storm King Mountain and Break Neck Ridge.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018

We were staying down by the river on Main St, so we took the 1/4 mile walk through a residential area over to the Riverview for dinner one night. There is a small outdoor area with a pretty nice view on the side, so we booked a table there. The food was pretty good, though nothing special. My wife was in the mood for pizza, and it was average. I had scallops which were good. We got our food accurately and in a timely manner, so our waiter's lack of personality was not really an issue for us.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Quaint restaurant off the beaten path of Main Street Cold Spring.
Beautiful view of the Hudson River.
Went for lunch.
I had the steak sandwich for a main course and my wife had penne with chicken broccoli
Steak sandwich was quite good. Penne was just ok.
Also had an appetizer of calamari with a spicy mayo.
Excellent!!!!
Always has to be a negative right?
When we finished our delicious meal with a bottle Sauvignon Blanc we got the bill.
Handed the waitress a credit card at which time she told us the establishment does not except credit cards and there is an ATM inside the restaurant. ???????
110.00 bucks for lunch and need cash. ????
Thankful it was not dinner or with more of my family!!!!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

My friend and I had lunch at the Riverview today. The food was excellent but sometimes it takes more than good food to show that a place has true class. As we enjoyed our lunch, four guests entered the restaurant. They were professional associates of my friend and she didn't want to see them on her free time. The host was bringing that group of four toward the table for four very near our table. I quickly told the host that we were acquainted with those people and would prefer not to sit near them. Without missing a beat or saying a word, the host guided them to a table on the other side of the restaurant. My friend and I continued with our lovely lunch with gratitude, aware of the fact that we had witnessed a rare commodity in today's world...true class.

Date of visit: August 2018