See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 August 2016

My daughter attends Hamilton College and I have stayed at Harding Farm 6-8 times in the last three years. My mother even rented a house for the month of October and April one year because she enjoyed it so much. The setting is picture perfect in the fall. We loved looking out the windows at the beautiful trees, birds and deer. Becky, who is the manager, has always been friendly and very accommodating. It is a perfect location for visiting Hamilton College. My family and I will miss visiting after my daughter graduated. I would recommend to anyone wanting more of a house than a hotel room.

Room Tip: We loved the Barnside because it has two rooms, a kitchen and living room and nice views. Very peaceful.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2016

We rented the Cottage at the Harding Farm for Hamilton College graduation weekend (May 2016). We had stayed in the property's carriage house before, but opted for the larger, private cottage for graduation. What a perfect retreat for a celebration!! The cottage fit our family of 4 plus my parents perfectly, and the views of the fields and streams surrounding the property were gorgeous! It was a perfect way to have our privacy and feel at home as a family during the hustle and bustle of a grad weekend!! Book early!! I booked my daughter's Freshman year!! Thank you Becky and Harding Farm for my many stays at your beautiful property over the past 4 years!!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2016

We rented out the Cottage for a family get together. The Cottage was adorable. The inside was bright and sunny. The decorations went with the theme. There was a fireplace too. The dining room table was perfect for gathering around and telling family stories. Felt like we were at Grandma's house. The beds were super comfy and the house was toasty warm. It felt like home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2016

My extended family was holding a reunion in Utica and several of us - all cousins over 40 - were looking for a place where we could be together - and not just in the same hotel, floors apart. This was perfect! We rented "The Cottage" for the weekend and everyone in our party was completely charmed by the place. On the first floor, there is a comfortable living room, a dining room that seats six (although we had 11 for dinner and had no problem!), a fully-equipped kitchen (including dishwasher, washer, and dryer), a full bath and a bedroom with a full-sized bed. Upstairs there are two bedrooms with twin beds in each room and another full bath. (Five of us stayed there - so it was perfect.)

We received permission in advance to park three cars on the premises and to hold a dinner that included additional cousins staying in the area on Friday night. The owners worked with us to make this a great trip and we never saw anyone outside of our party while we were on the premises. The linens were lovely, the beds were very comfortable, the place was very clean, and although it was chilly and damp outside when we arrived, the heat came up very quickly and soon we were warm as toast. (We did not need air-conditioning, so I cannot comment on that.)

This is truly an ideal place for relatives or close friends who are traveling together and want to enjoy one another's company. It was the perfect venue for our little reunion. Also, this home is in a park-like setting with lots of beautiful grounds to roam - including a little stream tripping over stones out back. It's truly charming. Clinton is a lovely community with good shopping and restaurants nearby. Please note: this place is not Pottery Barn modern. It is a charming home decorated in the comfortable, lovely style of an earlier time. We all used the free wi-fi, although we spent much more time talking and laughing than surfing the internet.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank K8PA
Reviewed 23 August 2015

We were in the Milk House with two twin beds. It was very hot and the air conditioner unit was LOUD. It made so much noise when on that it shook the metal window frame. We turned it off and tried to open the windows. Most were closed with storm windows but the one near the air conditioner did open. The window was filthy with old leaves and debris.

The unit is thoughtfully painted and decorated but it has no closet and just one luggage rack. There are two large hooks for hanging. Clearly not enough room for two people with even a weekend worth of clothes. Also, there is no place to put toiletries in the bathroom. Pretty much you have to use the kitchen table and two chairs for your travel bags, etc.

The price of $175.00 per night is too high for what you get. With a few upgrades the owners could make the unit worth the price.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family