Book now, pay at stay
US$ 182
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Utica(New Hartford)
US$ 157
US$ 173
Doubletree.com
US$ 183
US$ 180
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2016

My extended family was holding a reunion in Utica and several of us - all cousins over 40 - were looking for a place where we could be together - and not just in the same hotel, floors apart. This was perfect! We rented "The Cottage" for the weekend and everyone in our party was completely charmed by the place. On the first floor, there is a comfortable living room, a dining room that seats six (although we had 11 for dinner and had no problem!), a fully-equipped kitchen (including dishwasher, washer, and dryer), a full bath and a bedroom with a full-sized bed. Upstairs there are two bedrooms with twin beds in each room and another full bath. (Five of us stayed there - so it was perfect.)

We received permission in advance to park three cars on the premises and to hold a dinner that included additional cousins staying in the area on Friday night. The owners worked with us to make this a great trip and we never saw anyone outside of our party while we were on the premises. The linens were lovely, the beds were very comfortable, the place was very clean, and although it was chilly and damp outside when we arrived, the heat came up very quickly and soon we were warm as toast. (We did not need air-conditioning, so I cannot comment on that.)

This is truly an ideal place for relatives or close friends who are traveling together and want to enjoy one another's company. It was the perfect venue for our little reunion. Also, this home is in a park-like setting with lots of beautiful grounds to roam - including a little stream tripping over stones out back. It's truly charming. Clinton is a lovely community with good shopping and restaurants nearby. Please note: this place is not Pottery Barn modern. It is a charming home decorated in the comfortable, lovely style of an earlier time. We all used the free wi-fi, although we spent much more time talking and laughing than surfing the internet.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank K8PA
Reviewed 23 August 2015

We were in the Milk House with two twin beds. It was very hot and the air conditioner unit was LOUD. It made so much noise when on that it shook the metal window frame. We turned it off and tried to open the windows. Most were closed with storm windows but the one near the air conditioner did open. The window was filthy with old leaves and debris.

The unit is thoughtfully painted and decorated but it has no closet and just one luggage rack. There are two large hooks for hanging. Clearly not enough room for two people with even a weekend worth of clothes. Also, there is no place to put toiletries in the bathroom. Pretty much you have to use the kitchen table and two chairs for your travel bags, etc.

The price of $175.00 per night is too high for what you get. With a few upgrades the owners could make the unit worth the price.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary T
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were promised a pleasant venue with full use of property. Well, the property was great but the continuous harassment from one of the owners who was staying on site spoiled our experience. This individual was rude, confrontational and made our entire party feel very uncomfortable. I would NOT recommend using this facility, there are much nicer places that want your business, and will work with you. Harding Farm is not worth the aggravation, or the expense.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Tryrtu
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My daughter goes to nearby Colgate University and I stayed her when she was an entering Freshman and will continue to visit through graduation. To let you know how much I like this place I have already booked rooms 2 years out for 2014 graduation.

The first time I visited I was luck to have GPS in the car because it it located off a small not well lit road. Once you arrive you have to remember which place you booked because the only welcoming is a small card pinned to the entrance door of your rooms. The "farm" is a few buildings of an original farmsted that has been turned into comfy country apartments. To date I have stayed in each place including the huge main house. The beds are supurb and the place makes you feel like you are in a nice country home. Are there bug outside? Sure, your in the country. Is it musty? I have not noticed an unpleasant odor. Again you are in the country also remember the place was built in the 1800's so you are not getting brand new mordern.. Is it very quiet and secluded. Something I look forward to when I visit.

I read the other review and I take exception to her points. Is this a 5 starlarge hotel with all the ammenities? No. It is a wonderful weekend get away in a rural area close enough that within 1/2 an hour you can be near all the shopping and restaurants. Clinton, the very nearby town has many shops and small places to eat. It is a very quaint college town. Colgate is 1/2 away but oh so worth the drive.

Room Tip: If you have a family with you I would take the cottage. There are 2 bedrooms with 2 twin beds in each up stairs plus a bathroom with tub. No shower. Downstairs is a nice master bedroom, kitche livingroon,diningroom. The cutest front porch with rockers and washer and drier in the kitchen.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sulphurlady
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Highly recommended if you want an amazing farm wedding! This was pretty much a perfect wedding spot and we had so much fun here! What a beautiful spot and soooo relaxing and quaint!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple