New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Little changed in 50 years - neither the view, nor the cuisine.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Borio's Restaurant

Borio's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 56 Restaurants in Cicero
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 23
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, View, Kids, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Syracuse, NY
“Little changed in 50 years - neither the view, nor the cuisine.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Nice view of Oneida Lake near South Bay - ask for a seat near the window in winter and on the deck in summer. Excellent haddock (stuffed, cracker-crumb broiled, or fried) & sweet potato fries. Nice salad bar. I don't think the furnishings have changed much since it opened in 1959. It's a quaint atmosphere (my 70-year-old mother loves it). Good service. Reasonable prices. No reservations, but call-ahead seating requests help - it's usually quite busy.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Martin B, Owner at Borio's Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 November 2012
@DCCSYR--

Thank you so much for the excellent review and we apologize it took so long to write back as we only recently began to manage our Borio's Account. We encourage you to stop back in soon, we have recently done some renovations we've gotten new booths with a cushioned backing and seat in both the bar and dining room and should be expecting new tables and chairs in the next few months. We love the new booths, we think they are much more comfortable =)
Stop in soon, we look forward to seeing you
Borio's Restaurant
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

“Nice surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

On a recent Sunday afternoon, my husband and I happened to be in the Cicero NY area and to look for a different place to eat lunch. Our GPS told us there was a restaurant named Borio's in Cicero. I remember going there years ago but hadn't been back since. I remembered it was on Oneida Lake so we decided to give it a try. Boy, were we surpised! The place is nothing to look at from the outside, but once inside it was nice to see how cozy it was. It's not very modern, but with the view we had from our table by the window (overlooking Oneida Lake), it was the best. It was around 1:00 in the afternoon and the sun was shinning on the water and even though it was cold outside, it looked beautiful. We were also surprised to see that they had a Sunday Brunch for $12.95 (including coffee/tee) that had so many items I couldn't begin to mention them all. Everything was very good. We especially liked the huge salad bar, hand carved roast beef & ham, fried shrimp, sirloin tips, and dessert table. Our server was very friendly and attentive. For the price you can't beat it. We will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2011
Rome, New York
“Beautiful views with just average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

My wife and I had dinner here on August 27, 2011. The restaurant does not take reservations but do take call ahead seating. We called ahead and requested a table on the deck. The place was very busy with other diners and two weddings that same evening. We waited about 30 minutes for a table on the deck which wasn't bad because we had a drink at the outdoor bar. Upon being seated my wife soon realized the wind coming off the lake was a bit much for her and we requested a table indoors. Our server was very gracious and sat us at a table near the window so that we could still have the beautiful views. Service was great as our server, Susan, was gracious and accommodating. The food on the other hand was average at best. I had the prime rib, I heard they are noted for their prime rib, and when it came I couldn't believe all the fat on it. I ordered the house cut. My wife ordered the swordfish which she said was OK. When our server returned to us she asked how we were doing and I pointed to the fat taken off my rib that was sitting on my plate. She apologized for that and asked if we wanted any desert or coffee. I should have asked to speak to the manager but my experience has taught me that when a patron voices a complaint about the food it is reported to the manager, especially in a family run business. So either it was not reported or the manager chose not to do anything about it because nobody approached us while we having our coffee.

We have some friends that get together a couple of times a year and I was thinking making Borio's our next place to dine, however, after last night’s experience I have thought otherwise.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank cnytraveler16
PA, USA
“Excellent Seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

Excellent Seafood!
Beautiful lakeside location!
Wonderful staff and service!

Cicero
“Borio's, The Best Italian Restaurant North of Syracuse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2010

This restaurant has it all. What a great view of Oneida Lake, VERY fast service with a packed atmosphere. I was amazed how busy they were on a Thursday night. The food is great and the price commensurate with the value of the meal. The bar atmosphere is separate from the restaurant, but you feel like you are exposed to all that is happening there without all the commotion.

Great family restaurant