“Authentic Mexican food”

Carmelita's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 59 Restaurants in Cicero
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for authentic Mexican food this is the place to go. Today was our first visit and we are so happy we stopped here. We had the bean dip and homemade chips as an appetizer, a great choice. The Tia Alicia enchiladas were delicious. I had them with red & green sauce. The dish came with beans and rice.
The Taquitos were crunchy and delicious. Theresa, the owner, stopped to greet us and ensure everything was to our liking. The waitress was prompt and attentive to our needs. I highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank ADKKim
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
Reviewed 11 June 2017

Carmelita's was written up in our local paper as a new Mexican restaurant in Cicero. We were in the area and wanted to try their food . Our area does not have many memorable Mexican places, this may be a new place to satisfy our Mexican food craving
We stopped in the afternoon. They have quite a few tables and, it looks like a large take out business. They also have some outside seating. It was a little busy when we walked in. But slowly cleared out.
My wife has some food allergies and she asked the waitress about some items, The waitress went and got the (manager, owner?). She does the cooking, so ingredients were no problem. She was extremely helpful.
My wife got the Burrito without the tortilla shell, in a bowl, with chicken, beans cheese and tortilla chips. My wife calls it a naked burrito. She loved the combination.
I had the Teresita's chicken Ensalada. Layers of rice, shredded chicken, chipotle sauce topped with field greens, black beans tomatoes, and cheese with tortilla chips.It was also very good.
Most entrees have a lunch sized and dinner sized portion. We had the lunch portion. The prices are reasonable and the friendliness of the restaurant staff will insure that we will be back, again.

2  Thank Mazuza2
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Carmelita's is located in a spot that was once another Mexican restaurant. A friend wanted to go because she had seen it advertized. I wasn't too keen beacuse I had not been impressed with the other place. Boy was I wrong! Wonderful service, excellent food. We were offered a dish that hadn't even hit the menu yet and it was delicious. It was an appetizer but big enough for a meal!

1  Thank Virginia S