All reviews front desk buffalo airport room was clean hi express across the street yogurt an early flight breakfast staff catching a flight pool and jacuzzi niagara falls within miles cleaning staff the breakfast area rental car overnight stay free shuttle
Reviewed 10 February 2016

We booked a room here while in town to visit a friend for a night. The staff was pleasant and check in was easy. We stayed in a king suite which was clean and comfortable. It was a great room for the price. We would definitely book this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IAH75
duseylou, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2016

Dear IAH75,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed a warm hospitality from our staff and I will certainly pass along your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again to enjoy our affordable renovated rooms!

Reviewed 12 January 2016

We booked 1 night at this hotel using a bidding website. We got the room for $75. We arrived shortly after 3 PM, were greeted by the girl at the desk. She was able to find us a room with a King bed on a floor higher than 1. Our room had the king bed, the stand up shower is separated from the toilet and sink in the bathroom (has its own room). There is a fridge and microwave in the room. The TV had a million channels. I remember this as we stayed at a much higher ranked hotel later that is also part of IHG that only had 50 or so channels. This hotel had 100's. There is free parking and wifi. We had breakfast on Sunday morning. Usually the breakfast staff are really friendly. In this case, they were friendly to others. They made a last ditch effort on our way out of the breakfast area to say good morning; but, it was not very sincere (chocking it up to a bad day...I don't think this is normal).

Overall, a good stay for 1 night (airport is practically across the street...very cheap parking at the rental car place nearby for those that are interested...$5/day, I think). Peace Bridge Duty Free also has coupons for airport parking. There is a pool, small gym (I think there was also a hot tub at the hotel but cannot recall for sure).

Room Tip: The higher the better usually.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AtwoZ
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Dear AtwoZ,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. We work hard to make your stay comfortable and pleasant so we are pleased to note that you were satisfied with the room accommodation, features amenities, onsite facilities and breakfast service. We are highly motivated by your words and ensure you that we shall continue to strive for excellence. I have noted your impression with our staff at breakfast and rest assured this will not happen again. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments have been forwarded to the hotel management and I am confident they will take necessary actions to improve our guest satisfaction.

I value you as our guest and hope you will continue to choose IHG for your future travel needs.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 December 2015

What does "customer service" mean to you? Well, to the corporate bigwigs at IHG - the Intercontinental Hotels Group - "customer service" means something different.

My wife and I stayed there overnight to be at the Buffalo airport for an early morning flight. Hotel, good. People, great. Service, wonderful. Did the 'rapid checkout' routine and left the room charge on the credit card I had provided when checking in. Shuttle to the airport and things are good as they have been every other time staying at the Holiday Inn...

Or rather they were good until I went onto the computer to resolve the bills for the trip. Instead of the amount indicated on the hotel's checkout receipt my bank statement showed an amount $24.57 more! Hmmm...

Should be easy to solve, right? Not so much.

So I called. The talking head at IHG said it was company policy to charge for incidentals. "There were none," I explained. "We didn't use anything, we didn't steal anything, we didn't break anything, and I want the charge reversed". No, I was told, it's corporate policy to hold funds against the card in case there are, and the correction will take about three to five days.

"So, IHG overcharges as a matter of policy, holding those funds for five days, and then credits back the card?" I asked. "Yes", the talking head replied. "That's fraud" I said. "You're taking money that you have no right to take." "You will get it back", she said...She seemed to think that answer was just fine. I didn't.

On a daily basis the 11 named hotels that make up the IHG chain must have tens of thousands of customers - or more - staying with them WHO ARE BEING ROUTINELY OVERCHARGED just for staying there...no justification...no apology...just business as usual. Every hotel does it, I was told. Not in my experience, and I have travelled a fair bit. And neither has Holiday Inn when we've stayed there.

Small potatoes, one might say? Banks often pay interest on daily balances on large corporate accounts. My guess is IHG is using their customers money to maintain an inflated balance - a LOT of money and collecting major $$$ in interest...for doing nothing except overcharging against their customer's credit cards.

This is their corporate policy.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Russ P
Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

Nice place to stay waiting for flights. Room was clean and quiet. My only concern was the front desk staff at morning checkout. For whatever reason they wouldn't let me see my hotel charges since I booked thru a third party. They were oddly stubborn about not showing me my bill. This is a strange policy particularly if you must submit charges for reimbursement by your business. Other than this its a pretty good value!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank bernarde949
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Buffalo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very happy you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and that you were satisfied with the rooms and the level of cleanliness. However, please accept my sincerest apologies that the service upon check out was not up to standards.

Your comments will be shared to the hotel management for appropriate action. Despite your disappointment we do hope that you would choose to stay with us again so we can show you the best service all guests deserve.

Pascal N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 November 2015

Stay at the hotel as it was just across for the Buffalo Airport for early morning flight. Reception was very helpful and pleasant. Room was on 4th floor, very nice, spacious, clean. Newly renovated. King Size bed which was very comfortable. Offered complimentary breakfast which didn't have time for. Would definitely stay here again as rates were quite reasonable. Mini fridge and microwave available in the room as well.
Lots of towels. Shower is in a separate little corner, but saw no problems with it.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business