“Farm to table ”

Aesop's Fable Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aesop's Fable Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Chappaqua
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

The appeal of farm to table menu is limited by the taste of some of their dishes. We were there for dinner. The crab cake sliders were over cooked. The salmon and the chicken waffles were ok. But I was expecting more from a four star farm to table restaurant in Westchester.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

The food is exceptional and it is great to have another restaurant with outdoor space. Make sure to hit up their happy hour, prices are great!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

My wife and I had a great meal tonight: excellent food, large potions, pleasant ambience and attentive, non-smothering service. They are still doing their Restaurant Week menu Tue.-Thu. through the end of April, so it was also a good value. This is the first restaurant in Chappaqua that we both really liked. Everyplace else is no better than acceptable.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Aesops is OLD.. millennium is a long time for the age of the food. The place is a Poor Fable. Restaurant it is not.. Stale bread. Rubbery clams. Inedible entree. No room for coats or to walk through as noted by the waiter staff. The waitress had to yell due to the high noise level. Items were sent back due to the Poor Quality. 2 they are not. 14 they are. But definitely barely 2 out of 5 Stars or Demerits.

2  Thank Universetravelers
Reviewed 28 February 2018

This is the first time I have been here since the Mario's days. Mario's Pizza was excellent. When they expanded to become Marios's Restaurant (after being closed for renovation for many many months) the new restaurant was not very good. Food was mediocre, service was bad. When they converted to Aesops Fable, I had high hopes. By now we had hoped they had everything running smoothly so tonight decided to give it a try. There was no more pizza, pasta or anything Italian on the menu. I had a seafood pot pie which was basically a ceramic dish with crust baked over it but mostly hollow inside. There was just a couple of mouthfuls of seafood in it and a few drops of sauce. My wife had coq au vin which was served dry over rice, just mediocre. For dessert, our waiter recited the list as there is no printed dessert menu. We chose to share what he called strawberry short cake. When we received it, it looked more like a waffle with some whipped cream and cut up strawberries on top. Actually, it WAS a waffle with strawberries on top. That's not what I would call strawberry short cake. Maybe a Belgium waffle might have been a better name. It was nothing special.

The service was ok, can't complain. The atmosphere is nice too. Prices are somewhat high and for the price I expected much better food and larger portions. It is not a place we will return to and I wouldn't recommend it.