“Great latkes”

Ben's Delicatessen Restaurant & Caterers
Ranked #11 of 66 Restaurants in Carle Place
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Deli
Description: To some, delicatessen is something you put between two slices of bread. To me, it's a calling. I am committed to preserving the traditional cuisine of my Eastern European heritage, amidst all that's required to operate a modern restaurant. This is our pledge, from the Ben's family to you: Fresh food, freshly prepared and courteously served in a clean, well-maintained restaurant faithfully observing the Kosher dietary laws. I urge you to bring anything less to my personal attention by calling 1-888-344-BENS or filling out my "Ask Ronnie" form and submitting it with your questions or comments. Your complete satisfaction is our goal. Any concerns will receive my prompt attention. Ronnie Dragoon - Owner
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We went for lunch. Received great service and the food was good. We had a table laden with latkes and knishes, which were excellent, wonderful pickles and great coleslaw. Sandwiches, corned beef and pastrami, very juicy........all a fraction of the price at Katz's. A real jewish soul food restaurant. Will go again

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Ben's is a chain and they're all about the same. It's a Jewish deli and if you're not familiar with what that is, you're in for a treat if you go there. The food is great, the service is OK and the prices are, well, the prices. I happen to love the half sandwich with soup combo. For the sandwich go for the corned beef, pastrami or tongue. All their meats are excellent. Their mushroom barley soup is delicious. If that doesn't fill you up, the fries and knishes are great as well. Unfortunately, the Jewish deli of old is but a fond memory but Ben's is as close as you'll get now. I miss the old time Jewish waiters with the heavy accents but, it is what it is and the wait staff isn't Jewish and the accents are distinctly Spanish. Eat and enjoy. You can't go wrong here.

Oh, one last point, this food is NOT heart healthy be any stretch of the imagination (LOL)!!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Been coming to Ben's for forever....but the Carle Place location is my regular stop. My buddy Julio is my preferred server but we are friendly with almost all the wait staff....all very nice folks.

Had a delicious half corned beef and half pastrami sandwich....lean and full of taste. Had a kasha knish on the side.....super tasty. The wife had the stuffed cabbage dinner....2 huge pieces one of which she had for dinner at home later in the week. They serve delicious sour and half sour pickles and Ben's famous homemade cole slaw.

While we don't eat deli very often....visiting Ben's is such a welcome stop for wonderful comfort foods which reminds me of years ago as a kid and dining out with family and friends!!!!!!

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I honestly gotta say I don't know any other place where I walk in sit down and they serve you pickles and coleslaw that's so delicious , before you even order . I told them I was gluten free so they brought me out a beautiful plate of hot corn beef with a side of spicy mustard. That meal was very filling and so delicious. I always go to Ben's deli when I'm on Long Island.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

A mountain of lackluster burger and chips take away showed that you can unsuccessfully disguise a lack of flavor with a large quantity of food. My portion for 1 was big enough for 2 or more yet I would have gladly traded it in for a smaller portion that had some taste. Worse than that, the bottom bun turned into a swamp of sogginess that had to be abandoned in some hope of saving the meat from drowning. Chips were fat, undercooked and dry and hard to work through. Coleslaw was excellent. Pickle was disappointing.

Perfect for people without taste buds looking to fill up on junk food.

1  Thank warrenma